+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Request an Advice Regarding PCC

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I need you advice here.

I have received an email from CIC requesting for Qatar PCC. I was visiting Qatar during 2006 and 2007 but using visit visas and I was not resident there.

I have already contacted Qatar embassy here in Dubai where I am currently living as well as I have contacted Qatar ministry of interior and they have confirmed via email that they issue PCC only for people who were residents in Qatar and not for visitors, and I have attached this email already in my application before submission. However, I have received this request from CIC today, please advise what should I do.

Thanks

Reactions: Enaselayan

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Since you cannot get the PCC, you need to provide a thorough letter of explanation. This needs to include:

1 - Reason why it is not possible to obtain the PCC (issued only to foreigners who had legal resident status, and you did not have that status).
2 - List for each visit: exact entry/exit dates, related addresses, and purpose of visit
3 - Name and contact info of someone who can verify your visit history in Qatar
4 - Attachments: Email from Qatar MOI; scans of your vist/tourist visas, entry and exit stamps in your passport.
5 - any other document(s) that support your statement. E.g. if you had to have a letter of invitation to visit, include that letter.

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
jes_ON said:
Since you cannot get the PCC, you need to provide a thorough letter of explanation. This needs to include:

1 - Reason why it is not possible to obtain the PCC (issued only to foreigners who had legal resident status, and you did not have that status).
2 - List for each visit: exact entry/exit dates, related addresses, and purpose of visit
4 - Attachments: Email from Qatar MOI; scans of your vist/tourist visas, entry and exit stamps in your passport.
5 - any other document(s) that support your statement. E.g. if you had to have a letter of invitation to visit, include that letter.
Thanks

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
jes_ON said:

Please advise, can they straight awy refuse my LoE and reject my application directly without contacting me again? Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
a_mabrouk10 said:
Please advise, can they straight awy refuse my LoE and reject my application directly without contacting me again? Thanks
Yes, it is possible. But my guess is that a higher-level person will review it (rather than someone just running the checklist).

Since my advice is based only on the limited info you provided, I have no way of knowing if there are other issues or if you are telling the whole truth. But they cannot require something that another country will not issue, so you would have some recourse if they did refuse on this basis. Hopefully, it won't get to that. Good luck!

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
a_mabrouk10 said:
Dear Seniors,
I need you advice here.
I have received an email from CIC requesting for Qatar PCC. I was visiting Qatar during 2006 and 2007 but using visit visas and I was not resident there.
I have already contacted Qatar embassy here in Dubai where I am currently living as well as I have contacted Qatar ministry of interior and they have confirmed via email that they issue PCC only for people who were residents in Qatar and not for visitors, and I have attached this email already in my application before submission. However, I have received this request from CIC today, please advise what should I do.
Thanks
Have you been in Qatar for more than 6 months?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
^ My thoughts exactly. Perhaps you completed the Travel History form as if you've stayed in Qatar for more than 6 months (if this was the case then yes, you need to furnish PCC).

If you just made a quick stop to Qatar, write a Letter of Explanation and the passport stamps should back up your claim.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
LokiJr01 said:
^ My thoughts exactly. Perhaps you completed the Travel History form as if you've stayed in Qatar for more than 6 months (if this was the case then yes, you need to furnish PCC).

If you just made a quick stop to Qatar, write a Letter of Explanation and the passport stamps should back up your claim.
The OP has spent more than 6 months combined, but on visitor visas - and Qatar will only issue the PCC to those with a resident visa.

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
LokiJr01 said:

Yes I have stayed more than combined 6 months in Qatar but with visitor visas. Qatar has confirmed via email that they issue pcc only for residents. Anyway, I have sent the LOE yesterday. Let's see the outcome.

My query now is that if they refused my application because of that, Is there anyway of appealing this decision?? Thanks

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
Mine case is also same like you but it was for Indonesia country, I have visited there multiple time and total was more than 6 months. I have contacted local person to help me and he has got PCC on behalf of me. It may cost you little more but if CIC required then I think it must be obtained.

If embassy is ready to give on letter head that they will not issue then it might be useful else mail will not suffice.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
a_mabrouk10 said:
My query now is that if they refused my application because of that, Is there anyway of appealing this decision?? Thanks
Hopefully it won't get to that. I personally was unable to obtain 2 PCCs (but submitted several others), and since have heard from other applicants in equally impossible situations who obtained PR status. So, just know you are not the only one.

But if it does, you can try a couple of things.

First, you can submit a "request for reconsideration" by email, explaining why you think CIC made an error. This has to be done immediately after a refusal (like, within 2 weeks). You could also see your MP and see if they will write a letter of inquiry on your behalf.

If that is not accepted, then the only other thing to do is hire a lawyer and prepare a legal appeal. This would be costly and take a long time, but in my lay opinion, the law would be on your side.

The difficult part (obviously) is getting other people to understand that what CIC is requiring does not exist.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
a_mabrouk10 said:
Dear Seniors,

I need you advice here.

Thanks
How long did you stay?

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
jes_ON said:
Hopefully it won't get to that. I personally was unable to obtain 2 PCCs (but submitted several others), and since have heard from other applicants in equally impossible situations who obtained PR status. So, just know you are not the only one.

But if it does, you can try a couple of things.

First, you can submit a "request for reconsideration" by email, explaining why you think CIC made an error. This has to be done immediately after a refusal (like, within 2 weeks). You could also see your MP and see if they will write a letter of inquiry on your behalf.

If that is not accepted, then the only other thing to do is hire a lawyer and prepare a legal appeal. This would be costly and take a long time, but in my lay opinion, the law would be on your side.

The difficult part (obviously) is getting other people to understand that what CIC is requiring does not exist.
Thanks