+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT ...Regarding marriage after ppr ...

ravtejhundal

May 10, 2017
Suppose a person gets PPR and after that he/she marries, then what is the exact procedure to be followed? Shall the person apply for the spouse before or after immigrating to Canada? What would be the effect of all this on the application?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Suppose a person gets PPR and after that he/she marries, then what is the exact procedure to be followed? Shall the person apply for the spouse before or after immigrating to Canada? What would be the effect of all this on the application?
Get married, get the necessary documents for the spouse ready, inform CIC, submit the documents for spouse, pay the fees, return the COPR (if already received) and wait for a new ppr request from CIC with spouse included in the application. Do all this before completing the landing.

Reactions: vinayk

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Get married, get the necessary documents for the spouse ready, inform CIC, submit the documents for spouse, pay the fees, return the COPR (if already received) and wait for a new ppr request from CIC with spouse included in the application. Do all this before completing the landing.
Hey Maverick, I added my spouse after ppr. Its been more than 2 mnths since i submitted the additional docs. Still no update except my spouse passed medical the very next day. Do you have any idea why are they taking so much time. I heard it would take 6-8 weeks but it seems like its not true. Any idea wt might be the reason and when shud i expect new ppr?
I see u r champion member. So thot u wud have some insights. My VO is NDVO.

ravtejhundal

May 10, 2017
How much time does the procedure takes if the applicant is accompanied with spouse too? I mean is it more beneficial if the applicant goes alone first and then marries and apply for the spouse afterwards or is it the other way round?

ravtejhundal

May 10, 2017
Will there be any difference in the express entry points if the marriage happens after getting the PPR and informing the CIC about the same

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
How much time does the procedure takes if the applicant is accompanied with spouse too? I mean is it more beneficial if the applicant goes alone first and then marries and apply for the spouse afterwards or is it the other way round?
Its always better to go together. Spousal sponsorship can be a pain later on. So adding your spouse now is the best way to go.

Will there be any difference in the express entry points if the marriage happens after getting the PPR and informing the CIC about the same
No, your CRS score will not be recalculated at this stage.

Reactions: vinayk

ravtejhundal

May 10, 2017
Will u please tell me the whole pro
Hey Maverick, I added my spouse after ppr. Its been more than 2 mnths since i submitted the additional docs. Still no update except my spouse passed medical the very next day. Do you have any idea why are they taking so much time. I heard it would take 6-8 weeks but it seems like its not true. Any idea wt might be the reason and when shud i expect new ppr?
I see u r champion member. So thot u wud have some insights. My VO is NDVO.[/QUOTE ] will u please tell me the whole procedure of this enquiry