+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! Refusal of IEC visa

Lisa1991

Dec 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

I received my work permit for the IEC 2018 last week. This morning my boyfriend received a refusal for the following reason:

"It has been determined that you do not currently reside in Czech Republic"

We are devastated and don't understand this reason at all!!! We have been living together in Australia for the past 4 years. I'm from Germany and he's for the Czech Republic. \

Why would they approve mine and deny his? If we re-apply we would still submit exactly the same application.

Can anyone help me? What should we do next?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I received my work permit for the IEC 2018 last week. This morning my boyfriend received a refusal for the following reason:

"It has been determined that you do not currently reside in Czech Republic"

We are devastated and don't understand this reason at all!!! We have been living together in Australia for the past 4 years. I'm from Germany and he's for the Czech Republic. \

Why would they approve mine and deny his? If we re-apply we would still submit exactly the same application.

Can anyone help me? What should we do next?

Thanks!
Hi

It's exactly as it says. He doesn't qualify because he is not living in the Czech Republic. This is a requirement for some countries and is listed on the website. Germany does not have that requirement, hence why you had no issues applying from Australia. There is no point in him reapplying unless he returns to his home country.

Lisa1991

Dec 7, 2017
Hi

It's exactly as it says. He doesn't qualify because he is not living in the Czech Republic. This is a requirement for some countries and is listed on the website. Germany does not have that requirement, hence why you had no issues applying from Australia. There is no point in him reapplying unless he returns to his home country.
Hi canuck_in_uk,

Thanks for your fast reply.

We never heard about this list before and are totally heartbroken.

Do you know what happens if I don't travel to Canada after all and miss the deadline? Am I able to RE-apply for the IEC?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi canuck_in_uk,

Do you know what happens if I don't travel to Canada after all and miss the deadline? Am I able to RE-apply for the IEC?
It will still count as a participation even if you don't use it. I don't know how many participations Germans are allowed; if it is only one, then this is it for you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi canuck_in_uk,

He was correctly refused since he's not residing there.

If you don't use yours, you can apply for a second one - but not under the Working Holiday visa category. You would need to apply under the Young Professionals or Co-Op stream (both of these streams have some fairly specific requirements).

viktorryden

Jan 27, 2018
Going to borrow the thread instead of creating a new one. Just got refused cause of the same reason but i'm swedish so I really don't make any sense out of it. Had a look at the linked website and it clearly says "No specific requirement" under residence requirements for sweden. Have they made a mistake?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Going to borrow the thread instead of creating a new one. Just got refused cause of the same reason but i'm swedish so I really don't make any sense out of it. Had a look at the linked website and it clearly says "No specific requirement" under residence requirements for sweden. Have they made a mistake?
Did you meet this requirement which seems to be common for Sweden and Czech applications but not mentioned for example in UK/Germany/france applications as a requirement ?

provide a permanent address in Sweden in your work permit application

viktorryden

Jan 27, 2018
Did you meet this requirement which seems to be common for Sweden and Czech applications but not mentioned for example in UK/Germany/france applications as a requirement ?

provide a permanent address in Sweden in your work permit application
Hi! Thanks for the reply, looked through the application they never asked for a permanent address in sweeden. Just where my current address is and what my country of permanent residency is

artemede

Apr 18, 2019
I have found this thread through Google and now I am terrified. I am from the UK and entered the IEC pool with the following info:

I had an invitation to apply based on this information... I am a UK citizen and basically live most of the time with my mum at my permanent address in the UK, but since january I have been living temporarily with my dad at his address in The Netherlands.

Is there anything special I need to consider before submitting this application? I really don't want to be caught out, it would be devastating.

Thanks guys

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Only certain countries have residency requirements. The UK is not one of them.

artemede

Apr 18, 2019
Only certain countries have residency requirements. The UK is not one of them.
Thank you so much, that makes me feel a lot better!

For people reading this thread in the future, here is a page that explains this specific requirement. You can use the menu at the bottom of the page to determine whether your country of citizenship has residency requirements. If it does, then the following might apply:

If the applicant’s current residential address is not in their country of citizenship, then they need to provide a permanent mailing address that is in their country of citizenship.​

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I remember reading that some people are just providing a friends address or even a po box from their home country and getting approved, make of that what you will.

antonellas

Apr 22, 2019
I remember reading that some people are just providing a friends address or even a po box from their home country and getting approved, make of that what you will.
Hey, Is this possible? I'm Italian, living in Ireland and I renewed my passport here. My only proof residential address is in Dublin. If I ask a friend to give me her address, Does she need to give me any specific paper? Do you know where I can have more info? Thanks!