+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Received expired visa and Copr

sg0608

Jul 31, 2019
Hi,
I applied for Canadian PR through express entry last year. I was recently issued a visa and CoPR with an already expired date. My PR application was approved on 12th Feb 2020 and my visa and CoPR were also valid until 12th Feb 2020 only but I received the passport back on Feb 14th 2020.
I was in the US when I had submitted my application for PR and it was being processed at the Montreal office but I have now moved to India and hence had to submit my passport in New Delhi.

Can somebody guide me on how to get this rectified ASAP. I have already sent an email to the High commission in New Delhi and also raised a webform on cic but have not received a reply yet. Since this is so unusual , any advice will be helpful. Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I applied for Canadian PR through express entry last year. I was recently issued a visa and CoPR with an already expired date. My PR application was approved on 12th Feb 2020 and my visa and CoPR were also valid until 12th Feb 2020 only but I received the passport back on Feb 14th 2020.
I was in the US when I had submitted my application for PR and it was being processed at the Montreal office but I have now moved to India and hence had to submit my passport in New Delhi.

Can somebody guide me on how to get this rectified ASAP. I have already sent an email to the High commission in New Delhi and also raised a webform on cic but have not received a reply yet. Since this is so unusual , any advice will be helpful. Thanks!
It happens. Sending an urgent Webform is your best option. It may take a few weeks or longer.

secon maria

May 15, 2019
I had a similar issue. I recieved my COPR on 5 march 2020 and the copr was valid until 4 march 2020. So I recieved an already expired copr. Sadly, after an year long wait. Call it God's humor or call it destiny.
I then contacted NDVO and they cancelled my PR visa and reopened my application by sending a new medical examination request. They advised "Once the medical results are received and your file is finalised, our office will send you new passport letter."
Now I am waiting for lockdown in my city to get over so that i may proceed with my medicals.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I had a similar issue. I recieved my COPR on 5 march 2020 and the copr was valid until 4 march 2020. So I recieved an already expired copr. Sadly, after an year long wait. Call it God's humor or call it destiny.
I then contacted NDVO and they cancelled my PR visa and reopened my application by sending a new medical examination request. They advised "Once the medical results are received and your file is finalised, our office will send you new passport letter."
Now I am waiting for lockdown in my city to get over so that i may proceed with my medicals.
It shouldn't take more than a few weeks to a month after you complete your new medical for your documents to be re-issued.

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
It shouldn't take more than a few weeks to a month after you complete your new medical for your documents to be re-issued.
I am sorry, I have a question thats similar but not exactly the same, hope you will bear with me...

If our CoPR expires AND my wife gives birth, do you also expect the new visas to be issued a few weeks after the medicals ? Of course with Corona virus most conventions goes out the window :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am sorry, I have a question thats similar but not exactly the same, hope you will bear with me...

If our CoPR expires AND my wife gives birth, do you also expect the new visas to be issued a few weeks after the medicals ? Of course with Corona virus most conventions goes out the window :)
No. Adding a dependent generally takes several months.