+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent questions about Visitor Visa application: Proof of a Canadian bank account

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
Hello,

I am applying for visitor visas for my family in Ukraine. I've got a question about "Proof(funds)" section in the Documents tab.
From the application page:

The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient funds. This can be one or more of the following:
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been transferred to Canada
I am going to the bank soon. What is exactly "proof of a Canadian bank account"? What should I ask a bank teller? Is there a name for this form/document? What information should be included in this document?

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am applying for visitor visas for my family in Ukraine. I've got a question about "Proof(funds)" section in the Documents tab.
From the application page:

I am going to the bank soon. What is exactly "proof of a Canadian bank account"? What should I ask a bank teller? Is there a name for this form/document? What information should be included in this document?

Thank you in advance.
I don't think you need to go into the bank. You should just be able to download your latest bank statement online and provide that.

Reactions: alpalp and armoured