+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question

caparents

Jul 10, 2012
Hi all,

My parents are coming to Canada from India based on Permanent Residency/immigration visa. They will be staying with my brother in Canada.

Would it be ok for them to stop by US to visit me for 1 - 2 months before entering Canada?

I appreciate the quick reply to this message.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they have a visa for the US? If they do, they can enter the US and stay as visitors for a month or two.

They only have to land in Canada with their PR visas before the PR visas expire as well as before their passports expire.

If they want to land in Canada first and then come visit you, they can do that too. They also need US visas in that case. Their PR cards will be mailed to your brother who can mail them to you for your parents to travel back to Canada.

caparents

Jul 10, 2012
Thanks , your reply is really helpful.

My Parents have 10 yr visitor visa to USA and updated passports. They plan to stay with me for 2 months before entering Canada on immigration visa and plan to apply for PR card once they enter Canada.

They have visited me in USA before visiting Canada via a visitor visa previously. But this time they are coming on different visa (immigration) so not sure what the rules are.

So I assume from your reply that they can travel/stay in betweem (USA) before entering Canada. I hope it would not be an issue at Canadian border that they didn't come/enter from India. Thanks !

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, there is absolutely no issue with that. They also do not have to apply for a PR card when they land as PR's. It is automatic.

pb1

Jul 21, 2012
hi
my pr card was expired and i did not meet the residency requirement and i have one year left to meet the residency requirement, but i forced to travel to uk in order to complete my education. i wanna know that if i can success to got a US visa can i enter to canada within the boarder with my expire card ?