+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***URGENT*** Question on Background Check

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I recently remembered something from 15-20+ years ago I need help on. In 1994 and 1997 I had bounced checks totally under $20 each. I paid them once I found out (my ex wrote both with my signature and failed to tell me but like a dutiful wife (sic) I just paid them) I just found out they are on my state record under my name at the time. And in 2001 while working at a convient store someone came in with a fake Id and bought alcohol. ( I wished him happy 21st birthday thinking it was real) we’ll i got a ticket for selling to underage individual. I pleaded not guilty and explained this to judge who issued prayer for judgement without any fine or penalty. I had totally forgotten these things. My Spousal PR application is now at BGC part. Do I need to contact CIC and let them know about this?? My only excuse is I’m 63 years old and totally forgot about them until yesterday when I saw a friend who I knew from way back then...... Now I’m a wreck worrying that these should have been divulged. On a side note..... nothing prior to this and other than one speeding ticket.... nothing since. Someone please advise me!!!

On a side note..... in the US legal age is 21 in Canada I see 18 which is the age person actually was.... even tho his ID said was 21st birthday that day) and I found the penalty is not the 10 year sentence that they deem inadmissibiliy by.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Review your answers in Question 4 of IMM5669 - Schedule A form.......if you honestly answer "YES" to any of the Questions....provide a brief detail in the “If your answer to any of the questions is YES, please provide details below” under Question 4........if you made any update, send the updated form to IRCC.

Reactions: Cheryllove

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I called IRCC and she said bad checks and the other wasn’t a crime( there I assume) and not a big deal but suggested I write a note about it and send it in webform for “my peace of mind” I’ve also updated my Schedule A and will resubmit if they ask for it. Am I correct that minor things like a couple small bad checks over 20 years ago and minor infractions over 15 years ago not punishable by jail time are not really an issue?? She laughed at my concern in not including them when I told her I was 63 and forgetful.,,..

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
suggested I write a note about it and send it in webform for “my peace of mind”..........good advice.

She laughed at my concern in not including them when I told her I was 63 and forgetful.......