+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question about PR????????

cbxx82

Jan 2, 2011
Hello

I need to find out some info about the PR process. Me and my wife are currently in canada. we are applying for our PR next month. I am irish and she is mexican. My current student visa expires in march.

Q.1 If i leave before march, can i re enter canada when i get my letter posted to my canadian address( can someone post my open work permit to ireland and then i can come back with it, is that possible) and the same for my wife, can she do that aswell???

our plan is to apply and then go live in ireland until our canadian friends recieves our letter/open work permits, then return here with them.

please if you can let me know some info on what were planning on doing

thanks

ciaran

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking at your other posts, it looks like your wife is applying under the live-in caregiver program. This is an inland application so in order to qualify, she needs to stay under the live-in caregiver program and continue to work until she gets her open work permit. This currently takes 18-19 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

You can leave if you want to but you will not be eligible for an open work permit as a spouse of a live-in caregiver applicant. You will have to wait until you have your PR which will take around 3 years total. I would advise you to complete your studies and apply for a post-grad work permit. You can then find a way to apply for PR yourself, possibly under a PNP with employer support. You can then apply for your wife too and it will most likely be faster than her live-in caregiver application which are extremely slow.