+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent query

hoshiarpur

Jul 26, 2014
I am currently on semester off. My college will start on next tuesday. is that i can do full time work on sunday and monday of that week. The work which i will do on monday and tuesday will be count in 20 hours limit? Or that limit start from tuesday? Thanks.

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
hoshiarpur said:
I am currently on semester off. My college will start on next tuesday. is that i can do full time work on sunday and monday of that week. The work which i will do on monday and tuesday will be count in 20 hours limit? Or that limit start from tuesday? Thanks.
As long you have valid work permit for sunday and monday you are all good to work on these days

OrcaBayVan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can work no problem.

There are no strict checks or reporting on work hours, for example some months you may have worked a bit less some months a bit more.

Of course the T4 and/or payroll submission by the employer shows your actual hours worked to CIC / CRA but that's automated it's not like they are looking to arrest you if you are 1.5 minutes over :)

and / or you did not work at all during your first month here etc etc.

leilat

May 4, 2015
The 20-hour time limits is important. The week begin on Sunday therefore your limit count from Sunday to Saturday, and if you work more hours than y could it will mean than you are not in compliance to the law and if you seek to get permanent residence after you will have not obey and that could cause you a denied in permanent residency, so why risk it?

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
leilat said:
The 20-hour time limits is important. The week begin on Sunday therefore your limit count from Sunday to Saturday, and if you work more hours than y could it will mean than you are not in compliance to the law and if you seek to get permanent residence after you will have not obey and that could cause you a denied in permanent residency, so why risk it?
I am completely agree with you :)

hoshiarpur

Jul 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply. If any one has any weblink about this please provide. M on holidays from december and classes starts from tuesday. So work done on sunday and monday come under holidays or 20 hour limit? everyone has different answers to this question. Please reply if you know anything about this.