+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Query - Spelling Mistake in degree certificate

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Dear All,

Need your advice desperately.

I need to submit my application this week. At the last minute I realized that my family name is not spelled correctly on my Bachelors degree certificate since Delhi University is a big fan of calligraphy and the names are hand written - My name is correct on the WES certificate, Transcripts (which are thankfully computerized and my final year marksheet) - My question is should I upload my dgree certificate with the wrong spelling OR should I not upload it given I am submitting my Transcripts and Markheets and the WES report - There is no way my university will correct the name in less than 2-3 months SO whould I reject the ITA and wait for the next one ?- Please advice

May 18, 2018
Dear All,

Need your advice desperately.

I need to submit my application this week. At the last minute I realized that my family name is not spelled correctly on my Bachelors degree certificate since Delhi University is a big fan of calligraphy and the names are hand written - My name is correct on the WES certificate, Transcripts (which are thankfully computerized and my final year marksheet) - My question is should I upload my dgree certificate with the wrong spelling OR should I not upload it given I am submitting my Transcripts and Markheets and the WES report - There is no way my university will correct the name in less than 2-3 months SO whould I reject the ITA and wait for the next one ?- Please advice
Delhi University graduate with the same problem. It's ok, nothing to worry about. Get a notarized affidavit stating what you actually name is and if there are any variations or difference across your documents. That's what I did..

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Delhi University graduate with the same problem. It's ok, nothing to worry about. Get a notarized affidavit stating what you actually name is and if there are any variations or difference across your documents. That's what I did..
What do you suggest? I include my degree and separately upload a LOE with the affidavit? I have a letter from the university as well stating that the name is mispelled - again my name is correct on the transcript - please let me know?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
What do you suggest? I include my degree and separately upload a LOE with the affidavit? I have a letter from the university as well stating that the name is mispelled - again my name is correct on the transcript - please let me know?
Yes to everything you wrote. You need to include your certificate when submitting your application, wrong spelling or not.
Also include the LOE and the letter from the university.

May 18, 2018
Yes, do not miss out on uploading any certificates or marks card, wrong spelling or not. Get a notarized affidavit and include it in the LOE. Should not be a problem..

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Thank you @jeffcolumban88 Thanks @tobs ... Have you submitted your documents? If you do not mind me asking? I am going ahead with your advice, going to upload the degree as it is along with transcripts and a LOE with an affidavit, I just hope it doesnt get rejected. One of my friends she's an HR, she told me we should try to avoid including a LOE as much as possible. How far it is true as per your experinces?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thank you @jeffcolumban88 Thanks @tobs ... Have you submitted your documents? If you do not mind me asking? I am going ahead with your advice, going to upload the degree as it is along with transcripts and a LOE with an affidavit, I just hope it doesnt get rejected. One of my friends she's an HR, she told me we should try to avoid including a LOE as much as possible. How far it is true as per your experinces?
1. Yes. I have submitted my application. And I included an affidavit for one & same name and a LOE

2. No. You don't need to avoid having a LOE, the HR friend is wrong. If you think you need one, submit one. It helps the officer reviewing your application to understand things more clearly

Reactions: kayshapvivekk

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
1. Yes. I have submitted my application. And I included an affidavit for one & same name and a LOE

2. No. You don't need to avoid having a LOE, the HR friend is wrong. If you think you need one, submit one. It helps the officer reviewing your application to understand things more clearly
Thank you so much, so nervous about this, although my fault should have got corrected douments when I had time. So scared about a rejection.

W@yne_1208

Oct 1, 2018
Hi, I'm facing the same problem my last name has been spelt as D'Silua instead of D'Silva- After reading this post I've understood that an Loe along with an affidavit should take care of things.If its not too much would it be possible for someone to email me what they wrote on the Loe. I do not want to make any mistakes with WES.

Thanks a ton!

My email id is dsilvawayne@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2018
Hi,

I have the similar problem as yours. I have recently recognized that my Degree marksheets and Certificate has "a" letter missing in its middle name. Could you please update on your evaluation status and also send me the LOE format with contents added in it on shreymathuria1989@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

brk_06

Jul 21, 2019
Hi, I'm facing the same problem my last name has been spelt as D'Silua instead of D'Silva- After reading this post I've understood that an Loe along with an affidavit should take care of things.If its not too much would it be possible for someone to email me what they wrote on the Loe. I do not want to make any mistakes with WES.

Thanks a ton!

My email id is dsilvawayne@gmail.com
Hi,

I am in a similar situation .....a letter in my first name is missing in my Degree Certificate...Mumbai Uni...

How did you proceed with ECA-WES ? Can you please help

brk_06

Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

I have the similar problem as yours. I have recently recognized that my Degree marksheets and Certificate has "a" letter missing in its middle name. Could you please update on your evaluation status and also send me the LOE format with contents added in it on shreymathuria1989@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I am in a similar situation .....a letter in my first name is missing in my Degree Certificate...Mumbai Uni...

How did you proceed with ECA-WES ? Can you please help

Sunrise06

Aug 19, 2019
Hello Vivek,

Could you please share pictures of your LOE and the explanation letter from Delhi University. I have a minor spelling mistake in my surname in the degree. I will be very thankful if you could share the letters.