+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Query on how to extend the work permit with offer letter

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Hi Friends,

One of my friend is in the below situation:

His PG open work permit is expiring in the end of May 2018. He doesn't have 1 year of Canadian experience to apply for the PR since he recently got the Job (Permanent and Full time).. All he has with him is his offer letter. He asked his employer to confirm if they can apply for LMIA for him. But they said they cant.

Question: how do we apply for the extension of his work permit with just the offer letter with out LMIA. Are there any other ways to get the work permit extended?

Please suggest and help!

Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He cannot extend his PGWP.

I do not know whether he qualifies under the FSW program or whether his score would be competitive but assuming it is then his way out would be to submit his e-APR and apply for a BOWP before his PGWP expires.

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
He cannot extend his PGWP.

I do not know whether he qualifies under the FSW program or whether his score would be competitive but assuming it is then his way out would be to submit his e-APR and apply for a BOWP before his PGWP expires.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

He currently has his score at 420 (with his Canadian education and Skilled worker experience) but the recent draw went to 444. so, he is not eleible to apply for PR at this point of time.

Would it help if he quit this job and find an employer who can offer him and apply for LMIA ?

Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, that's up to him to decide. I can't say how realistic it is to find an employer who is willing to spend the time and resources for LMIA within the half a month left on his work permit.