+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent query for program IMHL

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Hello,
I have been accepted to McGill IMHL I.e. International master in health leadership.
The International Masters for Health Leadership (IMHL) is a 15-month program of five 12-day modules, plus a master’s paper, leading to the degree of Master of Management.

Today ,I heard that it is equivalent to 6 months study and I won't be able to apply PGWP ?

What should I do?
Plz advice

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Re: Urgent query for program

Ouch! I checked out the program. It spells out very clearly that it would be five 12-day modules over 15 months.

Does your offer letter say that it is a full-time program?

Are you even allowed to be a part time student as an international student as per CIC laws?

More importantly, do you have other admits?

PS: I don't mean to be rude but were you not aware of your program's structure? Did you apply for this on your own or was it suggested by some consultant?

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016

Offer letter states...
Program:

Degree:
Major: MM International Practising Mgmt Health Sect (Non-Thesis) Master of Management Intnl Practising Mgmt -N

Concentration: Master of management Intnl.
Department: management
Term: winter 2017

ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REMARKS (when applicable): The IMHL program begins officially in mid-September 2016 with a required symposium (MODULE 1), and ends July 31, 2018 when the final Master’s Degree paper is submitted. The formal modules requiring attendance in Montreal, Quebec (Canada) end in January 2018. This is a program for people in the health professions, and all of our content and programming are focused on management and leadership of health care organizations.

So ??? :( :(

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016

Hmmm. Very difficult to say anything about this program. It has an unorthodox structure.

Did you contact former international students of the program?

I'm sure if you contact McGill they would be happy to put you in touch with someone.

Or you could search on LinkedIn and get in touch with them yourself.

that is the only advice I can give you..

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
So confused...McGill is well reputed but IMHL....
Not sure ..
To go for it ,,,,or,,,,quit...
Any advices