+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!!!!- Provincial nominee applicant with Dui arrest but no conviction

Spotnik85

Sep 11, 2018
Hello,

I find myself in a similar position.

This is my timeline:

- Inland application - Common Law sponsorship (estimated processing times 12 months)
-AOR 12th of September 2017
- Merdical passed ( 22nd of May 2018)
- Additional doc. not required
- Interview: You do not need an interview
-Biometrics: You do not need biometrics
-Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was charged with a DUI on June 4th 2017 ( I did put this on my application)
On September 2018 and agent called me and requested my police report and my CSQ issued by the Province of Quebec. (I send both papers).
On April 2019 my DUI case was conditionally discharged. (I sent the proces-verbal (which states that I was conditionally discharged) to the agent who asked for my police report.
Since then I haven't heard from Immigration.
On May 2nd I wrote to Immigration about my application and they reply this:

" Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken."

Please if anyone can help me with any advise/info it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tinamakar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hey did
Hello,

I find myself in a similar position.

This is my timeline:

- Inland application - Common Law sponsorship (estimated processing times 12 months)
-AOR 12th of September 2017
- Merdical passed ( 22nd of May 2018)
- Additional doc. not required
- Interview: You do not need an interview
-Biometrics: You do not need biometrics
-Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was charged with a DUI on June 4th 2017 ( I did put this on my application)
On September 2018 and agent called me and requested my police report and my CSQ issued by the Province of Quebec. (I send both papers).
On April 2019 my DUI case was conditionally discharged. (I sent the proces-verbal (which states that I was conditionally discharged) to the agent who asked for my police report.
Since then I haven't heard from Immigration.
On May 2nd I wrote to Immigration about my application and they reply this:

" Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken."

Please if anyone can help me with any advise/info it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Hey did u get any update on application?

Tinamakar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
My
Can u please send me ur no. I wanted to speak to u in personal...
My husband who is a sponsor also caught in dui but not convicted....courts r still ongoing....
Recently dey asked for his court papers....m confused will it take forever to get a decision on my file???

Spotnik85

Sep 11, 2018
My

My husband who is a sponsor also caught in dui but not convicted....courts r still ongoing....
Recently dey asked for his court papers....m confused will it take forever to get a decision on my file???

In my case it took long becuase immigration waited for my trial to be over, now they just want a paper written by my lawyer explaining what was the outcome. My trial ended on April 9th 2019.

Reactions: Prasad001

Tinamakar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Is
In my case it took long becuase immigration waited for my trial to be over, now they just want a paper written by my lawyer explaining what was the outcome. My trial ended on April 9th 2019.
Is it necessary dat dey ll make decision only when the case has ended ??

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Hey, I’m kind of in a similar situation here. My case is still pending, it’s a dui related case from 2018 and it is still pending. IRCC has also requested all the court documents and RCMP check form me.
Due to pandemic, I wasn’t able to get that on time and it’s been almost two month I waited for the check. I’m currently still studying and on my 2nd last semester in my Bachelors. I do not have a conviction, I’m hoping to get my charges reduced and that would be in the end of October when my sentencing date is set.
I have included letter of explanation, personal explanation of what happened exactly and how I have changed myself. I could not get a hold of the court records so therefore I attached my Pre sentencing report instead. I believe I misinterpreted something and made a mistake while submitting my application for study permit renewal. When I later found out that, I emailed IRCC to let them know, also I have attached a misinterpretation explanation letter.
Do you think they will refuse my application because of any of this? There’s nothing I can do to change my past, I am regretful, I made huge mistake being of my mental health. But I have changed myself ever since and I am doing really good in my life and also with my studies. I would really appreciate if someone could help and advise me.

Singhsardar

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Femala,

My Friend is convicted of dui and now he has applied for appeal at Queens bench as he is on deportation right now. Will he be able get his deportation revoked and apply for PR, if he got conditional discharge ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Femala,

My Friend is convicted of dui and now he has applied for appeal at Queens bench as he is on deportation right now. Will he be able get his deportation revoked and apply for PR, if he got conditional discharge ?
You need to speak with an immigration lawyer about your situation. This is too complex for an internet forum, especially given you already have a deportation pending.

SniperKing

Oct 11, 2021
Hi everyone, I am in a similar situation. I was charged with dui but charges were dropped to careless driving under Highway Traffic act, meaning no conviction. I have applied for express entry after my charges were dropped. What are my chances of getting PR? Do you think they will refuse my application?