+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Proof of intention of return to Canada, Height & Eye colour

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am Canadian and I am sponsoring my wife who is Egyptian. When we submitted the application in May, 2018, I planned to travel to Canada in summer of 2018. I applied for jobs and I got some invitations for job interviews. However, due to some family issues the plan was changed. Our current plan is to travel together to Canada once the visa issued. The CIC website mentioned it should take one year (May, 2018 to May 2019) so we estimated that we will travel by June, 2019.
Three weeks ago, my wife got an email for the visa office and she was asked to clarify some information about me (my address, my phone number) within 15 days. She replied on time. We also clarified what happened in a separate PDF sheet. In addition, we attached an email that I got for a job interview, however I apologized due to my family issues.

Today my wife got the following email:

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office.
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by email:
(X)
Evidence of your sponsor’s intention to return to Canada (i.e. A job offer in Canada, evidence of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada, an acceptance letter from an educational institution in Canada, resignation letter from her current employer, …);
(X) Copy of first page (biodata page) of your current valid passport which will be used for your travel to Canada and for each accompanying family member;
(X) Please indicate your height and eye colour in a separate sheet.

For the first question.
As I have mentioned in my 1st paragraph, we estimated that we will travel by June, 2019. So I have a prearranged plan with one of my colleagues who has his own business. He needs more people in summer and I can work with him in June, July and August.
What do you recommend guys? Should I get a letter from him to state our plan OR it should be an official job offer email? My concern for the official job offer email is that is it usual to get a job offer in February while the position start date in June? I do not want to give the officer the impression that we are not telling the truth. I went over some cases on Canadavisa and as I saw if the officer gets that impression, he will reject the application.

In addition, One of my friends has a house and he is going to host us until we find a suitable apartment. I can get a letter from him to proof that.

What the other addition documents should I send as an evidence of intention to return to Canada?

For the second and third questions.
Why do they need a copy of first page of my wife's passport? Also why do they need her to indicate her height and her eye colour in a separate sheet?

We have already submitted a copy of her whole passport when we submitted the application. Also we have answered the questions about her height and her eye colour when we completed the PR application form. We are 100% sure that we completed these questions as we have a photocopy of all the documents that we have sent.

I hope to hear back from you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Little Pharaoh.

Last edited:

Singhdeep

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am Canadian and I am sponsoring my wife who is Egyptian. When we submitted the application in May, 2018, I planned to travel to Canada in summer of 2018. I applied for jobs and I got some invitations for job interviews. However, due to some family issues the plan was changed. Our current plan is to travel together to Canada once the visa issued. The CIC website mentioned it should take one year (May, 2018 to May 2019) so we estimated that we will travel by June, 2019.
Three weeks ago, my wife got an email for the visa office and she was asked to clarify some information about me (my address, my phone number) within 15 days. She replied on time. We also clarified what happened in a separate PDF sheet. In addition, we attached an email that I got for a job interview, however I apologized due to my family issues.

Today my wife got the following email:

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office.
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by email:
(X)
Evidence of your sponsor’s intention to return to Canada (i.e. A job offer in Canada, evidence of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada, an acceptance letter from an educational institution in Canada, resignation letter from her current employer, …);
(X) Copy of first page (biodata page) of your current valid passport which will be used for your travel to Canada and for each accompanying family member;
(X) Please indicate your height and eye colour in a separate sheet.

For the first question.
As I have mentioned in my 1st paragraph, we estimated that we will travel by June, 2019. So I have a prearranged plan with one of my colleagues who has his own business. He needs more people in summer and I can work with him in June, July and August.
What do you recommend guys? Should I get a letter from him to state our plan OR it should be an official job offer email? My concern for the official job offer email is that is it usual to get a job offer in February while the position start date in June? I do not want to give the officer the impression that we are not telling the truth. I went over some cases on Canadavisa and as I saw if the officer gets that impression, he will reject the application.

In addition, One of my friends has a house and he is going to host us until we find a suitable apartment. I can get a letter from him to proof that.

What the other addition documents should I send as an evidence of intention to return to Canada?

For the second and third questions.
Why do they need a copy of first page of my wife's passport? Also why do they need her to indicate her height and her eye colour in a separate sheet?

We have already submitted a copy of her whole passport when we submitted the application. Also we have answered the questions about her height and her eye colour when we completed the PR application form. We are 100% sure that we completed these questions as we have a photocopy of all the documents that we have sent.

I hope to hear back from you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Little Pharaoh.

Hi, if you (sponsor) are not living in Canada they (CIC) wants you (sponsor) to provide proof to re-establish in Canada such as any kind of arrangement/agreement of Property rental/ownership, employment letter or others.

It’s good that you have friend who can provide you an employment. So yes, it would be a good idea to ask your friend to write a letter of employment and provide a copy if that.

Also, if you have a bank account in Canada, provide a some bank bank statements of your bank account. And again ask your friend to write a letter of accommodation until you find you find your one once you go back to Canada would be really helpful.

And interms of your wife’s height and eyes colour, it might be a reference to confirm the details or ther might need it again.

FYI, please provide all the information on time.

Reactions: Little Pharaoh