+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent processing

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Guys,
Do you know if I can be eligible for urgent processing if I have a job offer in the US that would require Canadian Citizenship.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a condition regarding a Job. But I guess they mean by Job in Canada. Not overseas. I might be wrong.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
hany_sams said:
Guys,
Do you know if I can be eligible for urgent processing if I have a job in the US that would require the person to be Canadian Citizenship. The company wants to know when I'm gonna be citizen before they initiate the recruitment process. I'm an April applicant, done test on July 22 and FP on Aug 25 and still in process ( Vancouver)
Personally I think, it will be your biggest mistake if you ever tell CIC that you got a job waiting in USA. They would drag it for ever.

Dont do that, you may regret.

One of the reason why most application get RQ is frequent cross-border trip to USA.

If you have some Federal Job waiting for you within Canada, it's valid reason for requesting Urgent processing.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Personally I think, it will be your biggest mistake if you ever tell CIC that you got a job waiting in USA. They would drag it for ever.

Dont do that, you may regret.

One of the reason why most application get RQ is frequent cross-border trip to USA.

If you have some Federal Job waiting for you within Canada, it's valid reason for requesting Urgent processing.
Agree.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for urgent processing as I had a job offer from Dubai. Faxed them the itinerary and job offer letter. I gave my test in August and still no DM. On enquiring from CIC million times, one knowledgeable agent said the job offer should be for a Canadian govt job overseas, period. you would be better off taking the normal route as most of the normal route guys who applied along with me are already citizens since October.
hany_sams said:
Guys,
Do you know if I can be eligible for urgent processing if I have a job in the US that would require the person to be Canadian Citizenship. The company wants to know when I'm gonna be citizen before they initiate the recruitment process. I'm an April applicant, done test on July 22 and FP on Aug 25 and still in process ( Vancouver)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
andrew7007 said:
I applied for urgent processing as I had a job offer from Dubai. Faxed them the itinerary and job offer letter. I gave my test in August and still no DM. On enquiring from CIC million times, one knowledgeable agent said the job offer should be for a Canadian govt job overseas, period. you would be better off taking the normal route as most of the normal route guys who applied along with me are already citizens since October.
Under the new Citizenship rules CIC asking candidates to sign a form stating their intention to live in Canada.

Probably you made things difficult for yourself by informing the CIC that you are just waiting for Citizenship to go overseas for Job. That does not go very well with CIC.

I'm sorry to say, I suspect this could hurt your application processing.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well the CO asked me how much was my house worth. I also told him my wife and kids will be in Canada where as I will be working abroad and sending money home for their upkeep. He knew I had a detached house here in Edmonton and asked me its value.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Under the new Citizenship rules CIC asking candidates to sign a form stating their intention to live in Canada.

Probably you made things difficult for yourself by informing the CIC that you are just waiting for Citizenship to go overseas for Job. That does not go very well with CIC.

I'm sorry to say, I suspect this could hurt your application processing.