+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
Hi everyone. I have learned so much about the process on this website and I thank you all for sharing your experiences and advice. I was wondering if anyone knows the approximate timeline for urgent processing of Grant of Citizenship? I have checked the CiC website, they mention the criteria but no mention of duration. I know every case is different but has anyone got any ideas? When do you know that they are considering urgent requests? At AOR or In-Process level or is it later at the local office level?

Reactions: ozzy214

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it depends but at least 6 month, because I have a friend who used urgent processing and it took him 6 month from the day of submission to the oath day, and someone else I know who waited a year,, urgent processing is not granted, on the website they take no responsibility even if your application took more than what you think it should take.

Calgarygirl said:
Hi everyone. I have learned so much about the process on this website and I thank you all for sharing your experiences and advice. I was wondering if anyone knows the approximate timeline for urgent processing of Grant of Citizenship? I have checked the CiC website, they mention the criteria but no mention of duration. I know every case is different but has anyone got any ideas? When do you know that they are considering urgent requests? At AOR or In-Process level or is it later at the local office level?

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
m22ij said:
it depends but at least 6 month, because I have a friend who used urgent processing and it took him 6 month from the day of submission to the oath day, and someone else I know who waited a year,, urgent processing is not granted, on the website they take no responsibility even if your application took more than what you think it should take.
So 6-12 month time frame is expected. I was hoping for a 3 month wait :( but I guess now I have a more realistic expectation. Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Calgarygirl said:
So 6-12 month time frame is expected. I was hoping for a 3 month wait :( but I guess now I have a more realistic expectation. Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it.
My (regular) application took 4 1/2 mts; sent it Sep 29, Oath Feb 18.
I believe urgent applications are for members of Canadian Corps (Army)

Reactions: snoopyta

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
era1521 said:
My (regular) application took 4 1/2 mts; sent it Sep 29, Oath Feb 18.
I believe urgent applications are for members of Canadian Corps (Army)
4.5 months is quite quick, congrats! Maybe there is hope ;D. Do you mind sharing where you applied from? I noticed that certain provinces are speedier than others.
On the CIC website, they list a number of factors that qualify for urgent processing and is not limited to being in the armed forces as I understand. Thank you for your response.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Calgarygirl said:
4.5 months is quite quick, congrats! Maybe there is hope ;D. Do you mind sharing where you applied from? I noticed that certain provinces are speedier than others.
On the CIC website, they list a number of factors that qualify for urgent processing and is not limited to being in the armed forces as I understand. Thank you for your response.
I applied from Ontario (Mississauga). Seen other with similar timelines, but true, from GTA.
That becomes irrelevant under new law; it may be even faster.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
now with the new rules in place I believe normal processing should be fast.. good luck all.

Calgarygirl said:

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
Just wanted to post an update on my situation as there are not many threads that talk about timelines for urgent processing.I'm amazed and grateful for the kind consideration the CIC gave me and wanted to share a happy CIC story (as rare as they maybe) for a change.
I sent my applications in june and was received by CIC the day before the cutoff date. They sent me an AOR via email the next day. 2 days later, my ecas was active. A week later, processing had already started. I was fortunate enough to get assigned a test date in late july and 2 days ago, my ecas changed to decision made.

I'm over the moon and am eagerly awaiting the next step. Just wanted to let people know that CIC does actually consider circumstances that need urgent processing and are willing to be helpful as rules allow.

Hope everyone else gets more positive experiences, I wish you guys luck in this process...

Reactions: ozzy214

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgarygirl said:
Just wanted to post an update on my situation as there are not many threads that talk about timelines for urgent processing.I'm amazed and grateful for the kind consideration the CIC gave me and wanted to share a happy CIC story (as rare as they maybe) for a change.
I sent my applications in june and was received by CIC the day before the cutoff date. They sent me an AOR via email the next day. 2 days later, my ecas was active. A week later, processing had already started. I was fortunate enough to get assigned a test date in late july and 2 days ago, my ecas changed to decision made.

I'm over the moon and am eagerly awaiting the next step. Just wanted to let people know that CIC does actually consider circumstances that need urgent processing and are willing to be helpful as rules allow.

Hope everyone else gets more positive experiences, I wish you guys luck in this process...
Congrats. That's not just a YYC record right there but one for all Local Offices. In fact in my time on various forums fastest I have seen for a test date is 2 months after application. There is a noticeable improvement in regular processing timelines too for YYC with many applicants getting to oath in 15 months down from 23 months in Q3 2014. What was your 'urgent processing' reason if ok to enquire. You can keep it general for privacy e.g employment etc. About the only thing that could hold you up now is how fast your background checks can be done!!!

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
Msafiri said:
Congrats. That's not just a YYC record right there but one for all Local Offices. In fact in my time on various forums fastest I have seen for a test date is 2 months after application. There is a noticeable improvement in regular processing timelines too for YYC with many applicants getting to oath in 15 months down from 23 months in Q3 2014. What was your 'urgent processing' reason if ok to enquire. You can keep it general for privacy e.g employment etc. About the only thing that could hold you up now is how fast your background checks can be done!!!
Yes, I know! The new system seems to be working very well. I have a feeling we will be hearing more positive stories from CIC now that they are trying to be more efficient. My reason for requesting urgent processing is that my father is sick abroad and I don't have a passport to travel with (as I'm a refugee), and the country he resides in does not accept travel documents as a form of international ID or passport.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgarygirl said:

Fist of all congrats. I guess in CIC vantage point the Canadian immigrants society is divided into two categories: those who are entitled and those who are not entitled . Luckily for you, you belong to the first group and your file was finalized in a couple of months (as the file of the other poster in this thread). Unfortunately for me, I belong to the second group (the not entitled) and therefore my files is still pending for 3 years now. Even though the officer graciously approved my case in May and my ECAS showed decision made in July , since I belong to the not entitled group CIC is delaying my oath ceremony despite written requests.

So yes , you should feel blessed but please remember your fellow tax paying immigrants who are considered second grade and therefore do not deserve equal treatment.

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Could you please tell me how did you know that your application was accepted under an urgent process!

Did they inform you!

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
ItkExpert said:
Fist of all congrats. I guess in CIC vantage point the Canadian immigrants society is divided into two categories: those who are entitled and those who are not entitled . Luckily for you, you belong to the first group and your file was finalized in a couple of months (as the file of the other poster in this thread). Unfortunately for me, I belong to the second group (the not entitled) and therefore my files is still pending for 3 years now. Even though the officer graciously approved my case in May and my ECAS showed decision made in July , since I belong to the not entitled group CIC is delaying my oath ceremony despite written requests.

So yes , you should feel blessed but please remember your fellow tax paying immigrants who are considered second grade and therefore do not deserve equal treatment.
I'm really sorry about your experience and hopefully with the new changes in cic, things will speed up and good news will come your way really soon. Have you tried talking to your MP about your predicament, their office could make inquiries on your behalf and might be of some help.

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
Rass said:
Hi
Could you please tell me how did you know that your application was accepted under an urgent process!

Did they inform you!
I never got a documented response but I assumed that they accepted my request through the speeding up of my file. Did you apply for urgent processing too?

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgarygirl said:
I never got a documented response but I assumed that they accepted my request through the speeding up of my file. Did you apply for urgent processing too?

Yes, but I think they didn't accept mine