+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - would this be a valid reason?

akbb1989

Jun 27, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some guidance here - I sent my application for Citizenship grant on 26th June 2019, and looking at the processing times, it seems like it would take 6-8 months for the grant. Meanwhile, my girlfriend and I are tying the knot in December 2019 in India, and we have already submitted the deposit and everything to multiple vendors and hotels.

I am worried I might be called for test/interview around that time - Could I seek for an urgent processing here?

Regards,
Akash

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some guidance here - I sent my application for Citizenship grant on 26th June 2019, and looking at the processing times, it seems like it would take 6-8 months for the grant. Meanwhile, my girlfriend and I are tying the knot in December 2019 in India, and we have already submitted the deposit and everything to multiple vendors and hotels.

I am worried I might be called for test/interview around that time - Could I seek for an urgent processing here?

Regards,
Akash
No, that is not a valid reason for urgent processing.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Regards,
Akash
Not a valid reason for urgent processing, but if you do receive a test invite you have a valid reason to reschedule it.

Reactions: bringiton

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
On a similar note (sorry for hijacking this thread btw) - it says on the CIC website that you can apply for urgent processing if you apply for a job that requires Canadian citizenship. Does this perhaps mean that you have to be offered a job that requires citizenship, or that just applying for it would be enough to justify an urgent processing request? My reason for asking is that I am currently considering a Federal job that requires citizenship.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
On a similar note (sorry for hijacking this thread btw) - it says on the CIC website that you can apply for urgent processing if you apply for a job that requires Canadian citizenship. Does this perhaps mean that you have to be offered a job that requires citizenship, or that just applying for it would be enough to justify an urgent processing request? My reason for asking is that I am currently considering a Federal job that requires citizenship.
Hi, have a look at this thread I came across yesterday: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-got-my-citizenship-through-urgent-processing-in-less-than-3-months.542381/page-2

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If just applying or considering a job that requires citizenship allowed urgent processing, everyone would be doing it...

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Regards,
Akash
Certainly not a valid reason for urgent processing. Apply regularly, if you're called for test/interview during your absence, you can ask for that to be rescheduled. Good luck and best wishes.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I considering becoming the new MP in my area, I must be able to get urgent processing ...

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
If you are OFFERED a position that requires CDN citizenship, then the department hiring you can provide you a letter requesting Canadian Citizenship as requirement for hiring in the position which can then be used for urgent processing.

For my friend, they asked for it and he said it is in processing (he had his oath date). The manager said he can get him a letter since he was done interview and references etc.