Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Hi,
I have noticed that a few members were able to submit an urgent processing request for their citizenship application and they managed to go through the whole process in 6 months period. How can you request urgent processing, and on what basis will officers accept urgent processing requests?

in my case, my current passport is expiring very soon, and i would like to just get the Canadian passport and not renew my current passport at all.

Thanks,

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have noticed that a few members were able to submit an urgent processing request for their citizenship application and they managed to go through the whole process in 6 months period. How can you request urgent processing, and on what basis will officers accept urgent processing requests?

in my case, my current passport is expiring very soon, and i would like to just get the Canadian passport and not renew my current passport at all.

Thanks,
The criteria for urgent processing is explained here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

I can confidently tell you "not having to renew your passport" would not qualify as a valid reason.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
The criteria for urgent processing is explained here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

I can confidently tell you "not having to renew your passport" would not qualify as a valid reason.
Hi,

Thanks,
some additional resource: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/urgent-application-cases.html

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi,

Thanks,
your reason won’t get you any urgent processing

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
thanks all.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
These is one possibility, that OP has to travel due to emergency family reason and is UNABLE to renew passport from origin country, this would qualify as urgent processing.
Still, even if it’s urgent, they’d still have to go through background check done by CSIS and RCMP, which would take unkown amount of time, in the end it’d still be slower than renewing his old passport

canvan14

May 8, 2014
These is one possibility, that OP has to travel due to emergency family reason and is UNABLE to renew passport from origin country, this would qualify as urgent processing.
He did not say this in the OP so we cannot assume so.
My understanding is that he does not want to renew his current passport as he will not use it anymore once he gets the Canadian passport.

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Thanks all for the above responses. I just received an invitation for business travel to Europe. with my current travel document that is expiring soon, and assuming it gets renewed, my visa process will take a few weeks with the possibility for it to get rejected.

My travel history shows that i am travelling to Europe on annual basis.

has anyone requested urgent processing for business travel requirements?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks all for the above responses. I just received an invitation for business travel to Europe. with my current travel document that is expiring soon, and assuming it gets renewed, my visa process will take a few weeks with the possibility for it to get rejected.

Just forget it ... there’s no grounds for urgent processing for the situation you just described

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017

Not a chance. Don't bother with it. Renew ur current passport and get visa like everyone else.

Reactions: kushari and itsmyid

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014