+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing question

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys I was wondering if somebody can help me with an advise on the following. I am applying for a Government of Canada job and was actually called for an interview. They give preference to Canadian Citizens over Permanent Residents when making a final decision about hiring. I am thinking about requesting urgent processing from CIC as application for Gvnt of Canada job is one of the clauses they list on their web page which allows for a priority processing. Now question is that I am going to be out of the country for almost entire month of August, so if I do request urgent processing now, do you think I will be granted citizenship before August? I did look at the timeline of other applicants under urgent processing and it really varies, some take 1-2 months while others take 3-5 months, depending on the case. Last thing I want to have is to receive an invite for testing in August when I am away from Canada. In addition, mine is family application package, so does it mean that if I am requesting urgent processing for myself it means that my spouse and my child also automatically get in the same boat of urgent processing? Thanks folks.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I read once they would've ask about the conditional letter ,, means a letter which will state if you do not have the Canadian citizenship ,, you cant be hired

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
Thank you all for your input, this is very helpful. In my case I can see a problem with conditional letter that the employer (Government of Canada in this case) would not be willing to wait several more months until I get my citizenship in order to hire me as there will be other people competing for this position who would already have Canadian citizenship.