+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent processing of PR Card

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
hi! i applied to renew my pr card and they received last sep 14 and start processing last october 11, in normal processing. But before that last oct 10,i submit another application to make it urgwnt because i need the PR Card to apply visa to go to spain, and they received it last october 12.
my question is... until now my application is still processing. i dont know when they going to send ny PR Card because i really needed it nxt week for my second appointment to get visa because our flight to madrid spain is on November 14.
PLEASE HELP!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi! i applied to renew my pr card and they received last sep 14 and start processing last october 11, in normal processing. But before that last oct 10,i submit another application to make it urgwnt because i need the PR Card to apply visa to go to spain, and they received it last october 12.
my question is... until now my application is still processing. i dont know when they going to send ny PR Card because i really needed it nxt week for my second appointment to get visa because our flight to madrid spain is on November 14.
PLEASE HELP!
As stated in the link provided in your other thread, urgent processing is only granted in specific situations. Having a trip booked is not one of them.

Do you actually have any urgent grounds?

micah27andrea

Aug 5, 2011
As stated in the link provided in your other thread, urgent processing is only granted in specific situations. Having a trip booked is not one of them.

Do you actually have any urgent grounds?
yes, i need to attend my brother’s church wedding. do tou think its valid? thanks for the reply

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
yes, i need to attend my brother’s church wedding. do tou think its valid? thanks for the reply
Did you not actually read the rules of when urgent processing is allowed? They are very clearly shown:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp
To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:
  • a job opportunity
  • your own serious illness
  • the death of a family member
  • work related to your current job
  • the serious illness of a family member

"Attend a wedding" is not on the list, so your request for urgent processing will probably not even be considered.