+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing of Citizenship based on US job offer

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
So you ended up not taking the job?
I told them "according to Canadian government website" the processing time would be 12 months (LOL) and they say sure they will wait then. Now that my "start date" is approaching (12 months mark), I'm super super anxious about how to explain my situation to them now...

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
it is a one of a tech giant at west coast. and yes it does have a office at Vancouver and they did ask me if I want to go for the L1 option. I said nah I will just wait for my citizenship to be approved then go to US directly... worst choice of my life.
You still have that L1 option, if your citizenship processing is over 12 months? I find it hard to believe any employer would wait that long, but I guess they might just find you worth it ;)

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
You still have that L1 option, if your citizenship processing is over 12 months? I find it hard to believe any employer would wait that long, but I guess they might just find you worth it ;)
lol i think largely because I'm a new grad fresh out of school. Usually big companies are willing to wait for new grads as they aim for a long-term training purpose. For senior level experienced hires they expect them to get on the work asap so usually not much wait time. Yeah I think I still have the option for L1, but you see.. I have been waiting for over 1 year, and going for the L1 option now will make my past 12 months of waiting pointless.
Anyways it is good that I can get to share my experience here with some stranger like you. No one around me in real life understand my pain of waiting. Thanks!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
lol i think largely because I'm a new grad fresh out of school. Usually big companies are willing to wait for new grads as they aim for a long-term training purpose. For senior level experienced hires they expect them to get on the work asap so usually not much wait time. Yeah I think I still have the option for L1, but you see.. I have been waiting for over 1 year, and going for the L1 option now will make my past 12 months of waiting pointless.
Anyways it is good that I can get to share my experience here with some stranger like you. No one around me in real life understand my pain of waiting. Thanks!
yes, you will only be eligible for L1 if you have worked for that company's non-US office for more than a year, that means you would need to start working for them now and get L1 a year later ... that does make the last 12 months of waiting pointless...

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
yes, you will only be eligible for L1 if you have worked for that company's non-US office for more than a year, that means you would need to start working for them now and get L1 a year later ... that does make the last 12 months of waiting pointless...
lol right. My only hope now is to trust Canadian Government for one last time, that they will process it within.. say 16 months... hopefully. If no update by then I would just go to McDonald's near my house and be a cook for life.

drkenuch

Jan 15, 2019
i got a job since last year for a US job offer and has been waiting for my test invite since march 2018 and actually asked for urgent processing and I was declined for no reason so do not bother to ask for urgent processing as I have tried and got declined and the job offer still awaits me as they are willing to wait but don't ask me what the job is all about as I might not be able to tell you
thank you

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
i got a job since last year for a US job offer and has been waiting for my test invite since march 2018 and actually asked for urgent processing and I was declined for no reason so do not bother to ask for urgent processing as I have tried and got declined and the job offer still awaits me as they are willing to wait but don't ask me what the job is all about as I might not be able to tell you
thank you
we on the same boat bruh! curious are you also anxious that the company might revoke your job offer? Cause I do and am super worried...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
thank you
An job offer from the US has no ground for urgent processing... telling them that may even irritate them and move your files to the bottom of piles if he is in a bad mood that day

Last edited:
Reactions: foodie69

drkenuch

Jan 15, 2019
if its on the bottom of the pile , we will wait and wait until we get it . somebody in Mississauga applied in July, august 2018 and has the citizenship everything complete in less than a year. if you have ever worked in a govt establishment you will know how lousy people can be in their job. you cant compare population of GTA with calgar or other places that are fast. patience is a virtue. if we lose the job we find another, life must go on . don't be anxious and run yourself high blood pressure for this issue. we just wait.

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
if its on the bottom of the pile , we will wait and wait until we get it . somebody in Mississauga applied in July, august 2018 and has the citizenship everything complete in less than a year. if you have ever worked in a govt establishment you will know how lousy people can be in their job. you cant compare population of GTA with calgar or other places that are fast. patience is a virtue. if we lose the job we find another, life must go on . don't be anxious and run yourself high blood pressure for this issue. we just wait.
That's the spirit I should learn from you! Be patient! :)

drkenuch

Jan 15, 2019
I have been in Canada since 2006. I have qualified so many times and did not apply until recently when I had a job across the border and it occurred to me. my wife took just 6 months when she applied in October from north York . but now I am waiting since march I applied 2018. we just wait and wait. there is nothing your MP will do for you . you can call 20 times online cic call centre
, nothing will change. just wait and not aware how stressful it is but then I don't need to bother too much and allow time to pass. time you cant buy and you can only watch time pass

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
I have been in Canada since 2006. I have qualified so many times and did not apply until recently when I had a job across the border and it occurred to me. my wife took just 6 months when she applied in October from north York . but now I am waiting since march I applied 2018. we just wait and wait. there is nothing your MP will do for you . you can call 20 times online cic call centre
, nothing will change. just wait and not aware how stressful it is but then I don't need to bother too much and allow time to pass. time you cant buy and you can only watch time pass
wow now that's a philosophy class I learnt on this forum! Well let's just wait and see, I hope our case will be finalized soon. Fingers crossed.

Sbcsbc

Oct 16, 2018
It would probably be easier if your company has office in Canada and you can work there for a year then go with L visa, no need to use Canadian citizenship to get TN
Looks like a good option, will check the pros and cons of going on L1 first..maybe its better to take L1 to get greencard, but then after citizenship not sure if L1 is allowed for canadians..

Sbcsbc

Oct 16, 2018
thank you
Thanks for sharing your experience, I will wait patiently and fingers crossed...

PGS77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER :19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS : 7.5
File Transfer...
SLU - 4-March-2015
Med's Request
31-March-2015
Med's Done....
11-April-2015 ,TL:21-April-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
3-June-2015, DM:4-June-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-June-2015
LANDED..........
26-Sept-2015
I have a question "sort-of" related to this thread. I am a PR resident since 2015 and have just applied for Canadian Citizenship . In the meantime my US employer is applying for my L1 Visa. If my L1 visa is approved, what is the impact to my Canadian citizenship application? Also, how does my L1 visa impact my PR status(until my Citizenship is processed)