+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing for Citizenship Application

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I am reaching out for advice regarding my Canadian citizenship application. I applied for citizenship two months ago and I have already passed the citizenship test, which is now marked as completed in the tracker. Recently, I received a new work contract that requires me to relocate outside of Canada. Given these circumstances, I am inquiring about the possibility of requesting urgent processing for my citizenship application. I understand that I still have my original passport from my current nationality, which I can use for travel, but obtaining Canadian citizenship before my departure would significantly ease my upcoming professional and personal transitions. Could you please advise on whether urgent processing is feasible in my case, and if so, what steps I should take to initiate this process?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You're saying it yourself, the Canadian citizenship will "ease" things, but isn't needed...
That's not at all an urgent situation.
Although the website doesn't say it explicitly, IRCC usually only accepts urgent processing for job related stuff in Canada, not for making it more convenient for people leaving the country. You don't really have a case here.

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate your advice on the urgent processing of my first citizenship application.
I am a permanent resident and a PhD student at one of Canada's famous universities. The National Research Council (NRC) of Canada funds my study. I recently got an acceptance letter from an MIT professor to join his lab as a Visiting Ph.D. researcher for 6 months, and my stay will be funded by the NRC.

I want to submit my citizenship application and request for urgent processing as it will make it easy for me to go back and forth.

Do you guys think that the acceptance letter from the MIT professor, my university enrollment letter, and the funding letter will be enough to request urgent processing?

Please if any one of you has any suggestion on any other document that I can submit to increase the chances of urgent processing I would appreciate it.

Thanks

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate your advice on the urgent processing of my first citizenship application.
I am a permanent resident and a PhD student at one of Canada's famous universities. The National Research Council (NRC) of Canada funds my study. I recently got an acceptance letter from an MIT professor to join his lab as a Visiting Ph.D. researcher for 6 months, and my stay will be funded by the NRC.

I want to submit my citizenship application and request for urgent processing as it will make it easy for me to go back and forth.

Do you guys think that the acceptance letter from the MIT professor, my university enrollment letter, and the funding letter will be enough to request urgent processing?

Please if any one of you has any suggestion on any other document that I can submit to increase the chances of urgent processing I would appreciate it.

Thanks
I don't think your circumstances come under the umbrella of urgent processing. The IRCC website stipulates that in special cases, citizenship can be expedited to go to a Canadian school, college or university.

Reactions: bellaluna

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I need urgent help, I don't know what to do. My contract with my trucking company getting expired. They renewed it because I told them I have applied citizenship and getting my passport in 2023 which didn't happened.

My application was family as group 3 kids under 12 plus wife, my wife application still need to go with interview which she is waiting.

Now my company said I was supposed to go USA as I am truck driver. Temporary they put me eastcost canada, but now because of work slow, they told me bring passport and go USA, if I tell them I didn't received then I will lose the company. I don't want to lose my job since company is very good.

What should I do now. Please advice.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request