+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing efficient?

despacito

Aug 3, 2017
Montreal
Hello, I'm applying for citizenship grant, single application, at the Montreal Office. Here's my timeline so far:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 8, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 12, 2017 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Meanwhile I passed a job interview with a government agency in Ottawa. To start work there, I should either have a valid PR card (Which is expired in my case) or citizenship proof.
I stumbled upon this page on the IRCC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp
which indicates I can get faster processing time for my citizenship application if it is required for a job. I spoke to an IRCC agent on the phone and he told me to send a letter to the IRCC Montreal, explaining my situation and add documents that prove my claim (Which in my case is just a thread of emails I have with the government agency I hope to work for). I mailed these documents on September 21st, 2017.

I was wondering if anybody on this forum could share his/her experience with urgent application for citizenship grant... Does it work?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello, I'm applying for citizenship grant, single application, at the Montreal Office. Here's my timeline so far:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 8, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 12, 2017 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Meanwhile I passed a job interview with a government agency in Ottawa. To start work there, I should either have a valid PR card (Which is expired in my case) or citizenship proof.
I stumbled upon this page on the IRCC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp
which indicates I can get faster processing time for my citizenship application if it is required for a job. I spoke to an IRCC agent on the phone and he told me to send a letter to the IRCC Montreal, explaining my situation and add documents that prove my claim (Which in my case is just a thread of emails I have with the government agency I hope to work for). I mailed these documents on September 21st, 2017.

I was wondering if anybody on this forum could share his/her experience with urgent application for citizenship grant... Does it work?

I'm not in the same boat but I can relate. You are way ahead of me in the process, since I'm yet to send my application (waiting for C6 to implement). I'm in the middle of an interview for a government job and asking the same question. I started a thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/apply-urgently-for-grant-of-citizenship.518461/ last week on the same matter but so far, got no response.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have documentary evidence that can justify urgent processing request
Go ahead and send those details with the request to IRRC through the website
If the request and the reasons are genuine then IRRC for sure will help

Reactions: despacito

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not in the same boat but I can relate. You are way ahead of me in the process, since I'm yet to send my application (waiting for C6 to implement). I'm in the middle of an interview for a government job and asking the same question. I started a thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/apply-urgently-for-grant-of-citizenship.518461/ last week on the same matter but so far, got no response.
Send me a PM regarding this matter.

despacito

Aug 3, 2017
Montreal
I followed your thread. Will keep you posted on any development! Good luck :)