+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
I needed to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and I could not get a passport. They did ask if I can apply for one of the travel documents from Passport Canada. Passport Canada is not currently issuing them unless it's an emergency and I think the agent concluded that would take longer than approving my urgent request. Another reason I did not want to even apply for was, I need to mail the PR card to Passport Canada and it can take several weeks to get it back. Meanwhile if I am invited for the test and/or oath, I can't continue with my citizenship application because I do not have the PR card with me.

I walked to there and picked it up an hour after the virtual ceremony was over
Thank you for your reply.
I am waiting for my approval of urgent processing.it looks I have to wait another few weeks.

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Thank you for your reply.
I am waiting for my approval of urgent processing.it looks I have to wait another few weeks.
Waiting may not work. You need to make them to read. And frankly that's very challenging. Whoever invited me for the test and verified my result did not bother reading it even though it was there. If it's really urgent do whatever you can do to make them to read. But, if this case is not objectively urgent, you should probably wait. You do not want them to think you are harassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: novascotia27

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Montreal office but honestly, if you are dealing with one of the big IRCC offices, there will be some people working in person and printing the citizenship certificates. Therefore it should be theoretically possible to pick it up in person. It is up to you to convince them. I am not sure if all IRCC offices are printing certificates though
thank you for letting me know that. Will give it a try on my day.

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Waiting may not work. You need to make them to read. And frankly that's very challenging. Whoever invited me for the test and verified my result did not bother reading it even though it was there. If it's really urgent do whatever you can do to make them to read. But, if this case is not objectively urgent, you should probably wait. You do not want them to think you are harassing.
Do you have any advice? My husband is suffering from seizure more than 10years. He can’t live alone by himself.
I called cic few times last week.all agent said you have to wait.
It is ok sent web forms few more?

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Do you have any advice? My husband is suffering from seizure more than 10years. He can’t live alone by himself.
I called cic few times last week.all agent said you have to wait.
It is ok sent web forms few more?
I just read your case. Do whatever you can do. I think you have a decent chance IF the background check is completed at this stage but you need to be able to explain to them why you can't travel to the UK with a Canadian travel document. Explain that Passport Canada is taking weeks to process, and you do not want to risk mailing the PR card. And in the long term, if you need to stay in the UK longer (I am assuming that your husband cannot sponsor you for PR in the UK because of the minimum income requirement) this will jeopardize your Canadian PR, and as a refugee meaning you won't have anywhere to live in the world. Find a lawyer or an immigrant consultant and prepare a very good letter explaining all the possible ramifications if you can't become a Canadian citizen now and have to leave for the UK to take care of your husband.

Once it's prepared, send the webform and give them a month to reply. If they aren't contacting you, call IRCC until you find someone willing to listen to you.

Last edited:

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
I just read your case. Do whatever you can do. I think you have a decent chance IF the background check is completed at this stage but you need to be able to explain to them why you can't travel to the UK with a Canadian travel document. Explain that Passport Canada is taking weeks to process, and you do not want to risk mailing the PR card. And in the long term, if you need to stay in the UK longer (I am assuming that your husband cannot sponsor you for PR in the UK because of the minimum income requirement) this will jeopardize your Canadian PR, and as a refugee meaning you won't have anywhere to live in the world. Find a lawyer or an immigrant consultant and prepare a very good letter explaining all the possible ramifications if you can't become a Canadian citizen now and have to leave for the UK to take care of your husband.

Once it's prepared, send the webform and give them a month to reply. If they aren't contacting you, call IRCC until you find someone willing to listen to you.
Thank you so much.I very appreciate it.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
do

did you called cic often or just wait?
i never called. I thought no one was going to respond until i heard back from them. BTW I did mention to my MP that I had sent urgernt processing request. Maybe that helped I am not sure though.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
My wife’s online tracker updated yesterday to show that oath is scheduled for Dec 15. Hamilton office

Taha786

May 22, 2021
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-05-2021
AOR Received.
01-09-2021
Did you submit any paperworks/proofs? or explain why u couldnt obtain your country passport?
Congrats.. Mine is online application submitted in May, I uploaded all the documents for urgent processing. still waiting

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Did you submit any paperworks/proofs? or explain why u couldnt obtain your country passport?
Yes I send a lot of documents. And I obtained my pr status via asylum.that’s why I can’t get any passport from that country.

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
Urgent processing - if it is approved (for example because of a job opportunity), will it apply for all members of the family in the application ?