+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Even in the US if you want UP you pay hefty amounts. So, @CaBeaver is 100% right. Canadian immigration is too simple try to even look at the US immigration, you will feel the pain every single day. People wait for 10-15-20 years to get to have a PR.

So, having separate resources for UP with extra fee is a very good idea but politicians in Ottawa dont care for Canadian, they just care for photo op and refugees (nothing against them but it hurts to see people being pushed because someone else gets in line LIFO).
10-15-20 years for a green card is mostly applicable to Indian and Chinese nationals. Not everyone awaiting for a green card are nationals of these countries.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
10-15-20 years for a green card is mostly applicable to Indian and Chinese nationals. Not everyone awaiting for a green card are nationals of these countries.
Many people have to wait many many month to get I-140 etc. and this is irrespective of nationality. Also, for the US passport one has to pay additional fee to get it in UP. Thats beside your point. The main point was to have a premium processing fee. It's not going to hurt the applicant and will definitely help the IRCC and all of us.

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Hi everyone, if you're a citizenship applicant from Alberta would you like to join this telegraph channel:

https://t.me/citizenshipyyc

Applicants from everywhere are welcome by the way. I've been waiting for a long time, and it's really difficult. I thought in this channel we could talk about our experience, timeline, and help each other out. If you like the idea please join and share with others that you think might find this helpful. Thank you.

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
I asked for urgent processing through IRCC calgary . They did not respond to the email Usually they respond by sending their generic bla bla . Has anyone requested urgent processing through the local office . Thanks
I haven't had any updates since my test in July. No response to urgent processing either. Calgary office is too slow. What's your timelines/ status?

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
My UP request was approved. I have been given a test window starting from dec 3.
What will be the gap between test date and citizenship oath? I am out of country between for 10 days in december. So thinking should i do test on 3rd or on 20th after returnign from trip. I am concerned if they give me oath date while i am out of country for 10 days.

Reactions: varlam

nassb

Feb 5, 2019
My UP request was approved. I have been given a test window starting from dec 3.
What will be the gap between test date and citizenship oath? I am out of country between for 10 days in december. So thinking should i do test on 3rd or on 20th after returnign from trip. I am concerned if they give me oath date while i am out of country for 10 days.
How long did it take them to approve it?

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
more than 2 months
Did they send you an email to let you know it was approved? How would one know if their UP was approved? I submitted mine a month ago, got a couple of generic responses shortly after, but there have been no updates on my file whatsoever. Thanks

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
someone from ircc emailed me.

Reactions: abc012

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
I was able to pick up the certificate exactly one hour after the oath was done.
Still in progress on the tracker so I guess it takes time to update.

Applied in July 2019
Invited for the test in May 2021 but cancelled by IRCC
Asked for urgent processing in July 2021
Invited for the test in Sep 2021 and passed

Whoever invited me to write and marked the test as completed did not bother reading my request...
Nobody looked at my urgent processing request until I spoke with a level 3 call centre agent in late October 2021

Got a call from an IRCC processing agent a day later
Had an interview 2 days later
And invited for an oath a week later

I was looking forward to traveling to see an unwell family member but with the new variant I don't know if I can fly next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: varlam

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015

Applied in July 2019

Whoever invited me to write and marked the test as completed did not bother reading my request...
Nobody looked at my urgent processing request until I spoke with a level 3 call centre agent in late October 2021

I was looking forward to traveling to see an unwell family member but with the new variant I don't know if I can fly next week.
May I know What is your reason for urgent processing? Someone said it took two month for approval,how it could be an urgent

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016

Applied in July 2019

did you pick up your certificate after the oath ceremony? or was it mailed to you?

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
May I know What is your reason for urgent processing? Someone said it took two month for approval,how it could be an urgent
I needed to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and I could not get a passport. They did ask if I can apply for one of the travel documents from Passport Canada. Passport Canada is not currently issuing them unless it's an emergency and I think the agent concluded that would take longer than approving my urgent request. Another reason I did not want to even apply for was, I need to mail the PR card to Passport Canada and it can take several weeks to get it back. Meanwhile if I am invited for the test and/or oath, I can't continue with my citizenship application because I do not have the PR card with me.

did you pick up your certificate after the oath ceremony? or was it mailed to you?
I walked to there and picked it up an hour after the virtual ceremony was over

Last edited:

mtlandrf

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
that's great. Can I ask which office was that?
Montreal office but honestly, if you are dealing with one of the big IRCC offices, there will be some people working in person and printing the citizenship certificates. Therefore it should be theoretically possible to pick it up in person. It is up to you to convince them. I am not sure if all IRCC offices are printing certificates though

Reactions: novascotia27