+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
if i had called one time, i would agree with you, but called multiple times, and they confirmed that it is approved/accepted.
well ... your background check might needed to be completed.
Have you appeared for your test ?

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
well ... your background check might needed to be completed.
Have you appeared for your test ?
yes, my test and background completed "long" ago. "long" because unofrtunately for some folks long is two years :( background completed in March

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi All,

I know this might have been discussed here but I am asking again. I have a potential employer that said to me that they will hire only if I am Canadian Citizen. It is private company doing projects with government (city and provincial) and private sectors etc. nothing super secretive work that requires clearances etc. They will only offer job if I am a citizen thats a requirement of the job. I don't know why but thats what it is. Will it come under the UP? Also, they will not give me the job offer until I show that I am citizen, its like catch 22. I am stuck.

Thanks,

VJ

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I have been going back and forth the employer. They like me but they wont change their requirements. :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I know this might have been discussed here but I am asking again. I have a potential employer that said to me that they will hire only if I am Canadian Citizen. It is private company doing projects with government (city and provincial) and private sectors etc. nothing super secretive work that requires clearances etc. They will only offer job if I am a citizen thats a requirement of the job. I don't know why but thats what it is. Will it come under the UP? Also, they will not give me the job offer until I show that I am citizen, its like catch 22. I am stuck.

Thanks,

VJ
You can try applying for Urgent Processing. Save the job ad that shows the need for Canadian citizenship. You can submit the job ad, your resume, your degree + ECA (for foreign degrees) + a letter that explains why you need Urgent Processing and how your work experience and education are directly related to the position you are applying for.

Good luck!

Reactions: funloving

Jfk20101

Oct 8, 2013
hey can you give me the urgent processing letter template that would be great.

thanks

jay

If they are saying that your UP was accepted, then it is accepted.

They might have confused with your UP request transferred to your local office with UP getting accepted. Once UP is accepted, then IRCC moves very quickly on your application.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Folks, I feel really weird reading you guys.

I have NEVER seen a job requiring Canadian citizenship.

And I've searched for it.

Granted, I've seen some extremely rare ones saying preference would be given to Canadians, but that's it.

Can you help me find ANYTHING related to information-records-archives-library management requiring Canadian citizenship?

Sep 5, 2021
Hi everyone,

I submitted my urgent processing request through the web form. Two days later I got a generic do not reply email I've pasted below.

Now my questions are:
1- Do I need to take any further action such as resend my request, call them, etc.?
2- Does this mean that they have received my request and are processing it?

Thanks,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

Enquiries about applications

Even if you haven’t heard from us recently, your application remains in process. You don’t need to do anything else at this time. We’ll contact you if we need more information. You can also check the status of your application online.

Last edited:

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Folks, I feel really weird reading you guys.

I have NEVER seen a job requiring Canadian citizenship.

And I've searched for it.

Granted, I've seen some extremely rare ones saying preference would be given to Canadians, but that's it.

Can you help me find ANYTHING related to information-records-archives-library management requiring Canadian citizenship?
Yes, you are right. We see very less jobs that require Canadian citizenship which is very unlike US where most the jobs that deal with governmental agencies require US citizenship. I feel Canada is less patriot as most of the government jobs does not require to have a Canadian citizenship.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Yes, you are right. We see very less jobs that require Canadian citizenship which is very unlike US where most the jobs that deal with governmental agencies require US citizenship. I feel Canada is less patriot as most of the government jobs does not require to have a Canadian citizenship.
I have never seen jobs requiring Canadian citizenship.

Some 5 years ago I remember seeing jobs where Canadians would "be given priority", but that's it.

If you find me one (in records, information, archival, bibliographical records management) and I am ready to pay you for it. It's a bet.

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
Hello,

My Urgent processing request was approved on Aug 30th. Before approving, the officer asked for Passport scans and all stamps, which I provided. After that, they initiated my test, which I passed on Sep 3. The test status was updated in the tracker today.

My question is how long does it take for Oath and Passport in case of Urgent Processing? Thank you in advance.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hello,

My Urgent processing request was approved on Aug 30th. Before approving, the officer asked for Passport scans and all stamps, which I provided. After that, they initiated my test, which I passed on Sep 3. The test status was updated in the tracker today.

My question is how long does it take for Oath and Passport in case of Urgent Processing? Thank you in advance.
If you already see it in the tracker, I would guess your citizenship oath should be in less than 20 days perhaps even less. From test to oath will be the fastest, rafzy can comment as he's already done with his Oath.
1)What office is processing your application? Are you from Toronto?
2)Did you attach any proof while applying? Is it for job
3)Did they respond via email to your CSE or did the officer give you a call?