+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my application by mail on Mar 24th. and i still haven't received any email from them.. I bet they rejected my request ( applying for federal job )

thanks
Did you had an offer or you had an intent to apply for a job which requires citizenship?

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I received my application by mail on Mar 24th. and i still haven't received any email from them.. I bet they rejected my request ( applying for federal job )

thanks
Do you mean they received your application March 24th? Still about 2 weeks (including a long weekend) is still very little time, I don't think that means they rejected it at all. Keep checking ecas. I think the first time I heard from them was after 1.5 month.

Reactions: ics6600

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
If I make an urgent request in the middle of application process, will I get any emails or confirmation?

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
If I make an urgent request in the middle of application process, will I get any emails or confirmation?
No confirmation will send by CIC regarding the acceptance of Urgent request. If they accept urgent request, you will see your application process quickly, Call CIC to check whether they accepted your urgent request, they will let you knew over the phone.

Reactions: baimmeb

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
No confirmation will send by CIC regarding the acceptance of Urgent request. If they accept urgent request, you will see your application process quickly, Call CIC to check whether they accepted your urgent request, they will let you knew over the phone.
Actually they do send an "acknowledgement" for the time being. In my case I got an email said my request has been forwarded to the local office, but it did not say if it was accepted, when I called they were still being vague and said it was "attached" to my file, but nothing else.

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Actually they do send an "acknowledgement" for the time being. In my case I got an email said my request has been forwarded to the local office, but it did not say if it was accepted, when I called they were still being vague and said it was "attached" to my file, but nothing else.
Yes, You are right the Acknowledgement Email will send to notify that they have forwarded our request to local visa office, and they do attach it to our file. Regarding the decision by the officer, will not have any further correspondence unless calling again to know the status.

I enquired mine when they told me that their decision along with notes.

I have requested GCMS notes, and will have some update, and will share soon once i receive them.

Reactions: BadGamer6

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Did you had an offer or you had an intent to apply for a job which requires citizenship?
No , i did not have any documents , but sent few proved that the job fits my school program ( Aviation tech)

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Do you mean they received your application March 24th? Still about 2 weeks (including a long weekend) is still very little time, I don't think that means they rejected it at all. Keep checking ecas. I think the first time I heard from them was after 1.5 month.
Oh sorry , yes they received my application on March 24th. and i was confused because of the spreadsheet ( saw few people received their AOR in few days.)

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Oh sorry , yes they received my application on March 24th. and i was confused because of the spreadsheet ( saw few people received their AOR in few days.)
Personally I only got my AOR in February or March, well after I took the test. For me it went to received straight to in process (in ecas)

aditvasu

Star Member
May 9, 2019
You should use desktop/laptop and download Microsoft Teams.
I am using Teams for very long time. Teams are installed already there. No issues on that. I reguarly attend interview, meetings. This is peculiar and some people say, it will open exactly on the Interview day/time only. Let me see how it works tomorrow.

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi All,

I received GCMS notes today (29 days). Notes are as below:

General Information

1. Visa Office - Mississauga IRCC
2. Application Status - Open
3. Application Status Reason: In Progress
4. Under Residence - Income Tax Filled, Yes, PR date, Total Absent Days and Physical Presence etc.

Assessments

1. Knowledge - Not Started - Due September 2021
2. Residence - Not Started - Due September 2021
3. Language - Not Started - Due September 2021
4. Prohibition - Not Started - Due September 2021
4.1 Eligibility Prohibition 1 - Completed (Not sure what is the difference than above)
5. Oath - Not Started
6. Criminality - PASSED

PAPER FILE

Office: Mississauga
Urgent Processing Request - (My guess - LOL - Looks like Mississauga office treats normal and urgent are same)

Secondary Offices
GTA-GEN

General Notes: All Telephone Calls, WEB form requests everything was recorded. For Call Center - Noted as Tier 2 Status Enquiry - I am not sure what does it mean

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, please WHY in the 'PHYSICAL PRESENCE CALCULATOR" form at the DESTINATION part there is UN specialized agency ?? In fact, I accompagned my husband (canadian citizen) who is a permanent staff of the UNITED NATIONS. Please advise if you can in the issue. Thanks

jaanzi

Jan 13, 2016
Hi All. I have a job opportunity in dubai from my company in Canada. Anyone thinks that its a reason for urgent processing? I can join the Dubai job on my home country passport but will not be able to Travel back and forth due to Covid for Test/Interview/Oath etc. Shall i request for urgent processing attaching both job letters from current and new company?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi All. I have a job opportunity in dubai from my company in Canada. Anyone thinks that its a reason for urgent processing? I can join the Dubai job on my home country passport but will not be able to Travel back and forth due to Covid for Test/Interview/Oath etc. Shall i request for urgent processing attaching both job letters from current and new company?
I am not entirely sure if that's a valid reason. Urgent processing is for applying to a new job or keep your position for an existing job. It may fall under the second category, but it may not. But, unless the new job requires you to have a Canadian citizenship, it does not give you the ground for urgent processing. Especially as you mentioned that you can join with your home passport, that would not be the case for urgent processing. You can contact IRCC to be sure.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Update: my UP finally ended as I’ve received my certificate Apr 8. See my signature for timeline.
For job UP, attach your resume, job posting that shows citizenship requirement, any correspondence btwn you and recruiting officer reiterating the requirement, and a detailed LOE outlining how you meet the job requirements. Use words like “averting loss of job opportunity”, “meet all requirements except”, “enhance career development”.
Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: Hapique