+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Pratheesh

Aug 19, 2017
I applied for urgent processing got this response from Scarborough IRCc do you guys think it’s approved, i submitted webform & now i directly to them

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Help please

I have a strong reason to apply for urgent processing of Citizenship citizenship application. I never cared how long it takes (been waiting for 8 months) but my mother is having an operation in about 6 weeks and I need to travel and see her. If I file for urgent processing, do I stand a chance of my application being processed?

How long generally is urgent processing?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Help please

I have a strong reason to apply for urgent processing of Citizenship citizenship application. I never cared how long it takes (been waiting for 8 months) but my mother is having an operation in about 6 weeks and I need to travel and see her. If I file for urgent processing, do I stand a chance of my application being processed?

How long generally is urgent processing?
Is there an issue with travelling with your existing passport? Thats the first question you will get.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I applied for urgent processing got this response from Scarborough IRCc do you guys think it’s approved, i submitted webform & now i directly to them

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team

Just looks like an acknowledgement.
Which email did you use for Scarborough and what email did this reply come from?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello friends. My long and bumpy journey is over. A happy end is a big relief and it makes you forget all the difficulties, adversities, stress and more. I wish all of those who're still waiting all good luck. Hopefully all of you will reach your goal. Take care.

App Sent: August 29, 2020
App Delivered: September 2, 2020
AOR: February 2, 2021
In-Progress: February 5, 2021
Background verification completed: September 7, 2021
Invitation to citizenship test: February 3, 2023
Citizenship status updated to completed: March 6, 2023
Citizenship Oath: March 31, 2023
Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed: April 5, 2023
Citizenship certificate received: April 6, 2023
congrats.

When did you apply for urgent processing?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

Dear Applicant:

Citizenship Team

I just got the same email response from scr “forwarded to the responsible unit for their review”. Also got an email saying my “file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer”. Is this a good sign or just auto response?

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I'm sorry for your parents' situation.

I assume you obtained your PR status through a refugee claim and therefore cannot return to your home country unless you have citizenship. I think you can certainly try an ugent claim. You'll want to include letters from doctors indicating your parents' condition.
Hi I applied for urgent processing with the medical documents and proof of why I can’t obtain a new passport in my current nationality.

How do I know if it’s been approved or not? What’s the average time to see movement if UP is granted?

I used the web form and also emailed Scarborough at all their emails. I got two email replies, one saying that my “enquiry has been passed on to the responsible unit for their review” and another with “your file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer”. Are these generic replies or are they actually reviewing my file? Thanks for your support!

Pratheesh

Aug 19, 2017
Hi I applied for urgent processing with the medical documents and proof of why I can’t obtain a new passport in my current nationality.

How do I know if it’s been approved or not? What’s the average time to see movement if UP is granted?

I used the web form and also emailed Scarborough at all their emails. I got two email replies, one saying that my “enquiry has been passed on to the responsible unit for their review” and another with “your file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer”. Are these generic replies or are they actually reviewing my file? Thanks for your support!
you got two emails i only got one email