+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
Do I have applied for citizenship grant on mid February and received AOR on March 25. When I apply I attach urgent processing proof and I received this email (the one attached) on March 27( two days after the AOR). Does this mean my UP is approved or what?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we cannot process applications normally and we cannot provide accurate processing times for most applications.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible and we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is
reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, we recommend consulting the Check you application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
If your UP is approved sometimes an agent will email/call you. Another way to find out is to call IRCC ( 1 888 242 2100 ) and ask.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
When I apply I attach urgent processing proof and I received this email (the one attached) on March 27( two days after the AOR). Does this mean my UP is approved or what?

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
No, it means your request was sent to the office that is processing your application for them to decide because web form agents cannot do anything else.

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
Good day folks , I send yesterday a webform with genuine proof for regent processing , kindly when should I expect and answer from them ? Any information appreciated thank you

Mbagheri1897

Jan 16, 2018
Good day folks , I send yesterday a webform with genuine proof for regent processing , kindly when should I expect and answer from them ? Any information appreciated thank you
I sent mine on Feb 23rd and no news yet. I called and was told they have yet to receive my request!!!!
There on other people on this forum who have been waiting even longer than I have.

Reactions: Ameeroov

visaquery2021

Jun 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for Canadian citizenship, in my online account it says "You need to take your online citizenship test between March 18, 2022 and April 7, 2022".

After clicking on the link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html)

website says, "You can only take the test after you receive our invitation. "

I have not received the email invitation yet.

Questions:

1. can I book the test before receiving the email for let's say 4th April in anticipation ? If yes, what if the email invitation is received on 5th of April, would it invalidate/reject my exam because on online citizenship test link it clearly says you can take the test after you receive the invitation ?

2. what are my options if I do not receive email until the last 2-3 days? Who should I reach out, any contact number, email id for immediate assistance ?

3. am I the only one in this situation, or have others faced the same, if yes how have they overcome this situation ?

4. what shall I do now, CIC customer service automated telephone keep saying that I should call back.. not sure what to do, this is making me very nervous. Please suggest.

aormarch2018

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I sent mine on Feb 23rd and no news yet. I called and was told they have yet to receive my request!!!!
There on other people on this forum who have been waiting even longer than I have.
Near 1 month for me. N
Hi Everyone,

I applied for Canadian citizenship, in my online account it says "You need to take your online citizenship test between March 18, 2022 and April 7, 2022".

After clicking on the link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html)

website says, "You can only take the test after you receive our invitation. "

I have not received the email invitation yet.

Questions:

1. can I book the test before receiving the email for let's say 4th April in anticipation ? If yes, what if the email invitation is received on 5th of April, would it invalidate/reject my exam because on online citizenship test link it clearly says you can take the test after you receive the invitation ?

2. what are my options if I do not receive email until the last 2-3 days? Who should I reach out, any contact number, email id for immediate assistance ?

3. am I the only one in this situation, or have others faced the same, if yes how have they overcome this situation ?

4. what shall I do now, CIC customer service automated telephone keep saying that I should call back.. not sure what to do, this is making me very nervous. Please suggest.
Do not enter your UCI when calling IRCC, I tried and got connected to agent. Not always, but the queue without UCI is shorter.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Sent Urgent Processing Request twice in the past 3 weeks ... No response . Any similar experiences?
I tried three times over the course of the last 18 months but the reasons did not meet IRCC's criteria for urgent processing. Unless you have any of the issues listed by them as reason for urgent processing, chances are your request will be denied.

The standard response is that the onus is on the applicant to have a valid PR and passport for travel while their citizenship application is in process. Approaching expiry of PR card and/or original passport are not reasons enough to qualify for urgent processing.

Reactions: aormarch2018

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I had written directly to the processing office to request for urgent processing. Took them exactly a week to decline.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I tried three times over the course of the last 18 months but the reasons did not meet IRCC's criteria for urgent processing. Unless you have any of the issues listed by them as reason for urgent processing, chances are your request will be denied.

The standard response is that the onus is on the applicant to have a valid PR and passport for travel while their citizenship application is in process. Approaching expiry of PR card and/or original passport are not reasons enough to qualify for urgent processing.
You are the definition of wasting resources.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the urgent process, I'm a student pilot, in order to finish my commercial pilot license I need to do cross country flights, but in order to do it I need a passport, and because I'm stateless and I don't have a travel document there is no way I can get a visa. In this situation can I apply for urgent process .
On IRCC website it says I can apply for urgent processing to go to a (Canadian school, college, or university)
Why couldn’t you apply for an RTD?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a question
I’m grand mother is really sick back home and the doctor provide a paper that confirms it and that she wants all of us that are in foreign countries to come and says goodbyes. Does that count for the urgent to process the application??
Normally not a reason. If you don’t have a valid PR card you still have the option to apply for a PRTD.