+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the urgent process, I'm a student pilot, in order to finish my commercial pilot license I need to do cross country flights, but in order to do it I need a passport, and because I'm stateless and I don't have a travel document there is no way I can get a visa. In this situation can I apply for urgent process .
On IRCC website it says I can apply for urgent processing to go to a (Canadian school, college, or university)

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I sent an urgent processing request in November 2022 (shortly after submitting online application but before AOR). I called the call centre and they told me they haven't processed the request yet. So when I asked if I should send another request, he said not to do that because it will delay my application for months. That sounded so strange to me and I was just wondering if anybody had a similar situation or if they sent another request and it worked.
I think the call centre teams have very clear instructions; when in doubt, say DELAY. That will automatically scare most people :)

Reactions: CVLO

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
WAIT WHAT!!!
so what you mean is that receiving the citizenship takes 3 years and counting?
dfak is this is even real!! omg those people don't work apparently.
You want a better story? I applied in 2018. AOR in mid 2019. If you look around in the forum you will find a 2016 applicant. A 2017 applicant just got their Oath. :)

Reactions: CVLO

Linaelsadek

Jul 13, 2012
I think the call centre teams have very clear instructions; when in doubt, say DELAY. That will automatically scare most people :)
Thank you for your reply. Yeah it didn't make any sense, and I think you're right. I guess I'll keep bugging the call centre for a few more weeks and then maybe submit another webform

Reactions: akbardxb

JMG02

Mar 21, 2022
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the urgent process, I'm a student pilot, in order to finish my commercial pilot license I need to do cross country flights, but in order to do it I need a passport, and because I'm stateless and I don't have a travel document there is no way I can get a visa. In this situation can I apply for urgent process .
On IRCC website it says I can apply for urgent processing to go to a (Canadian school, college, or university)
i think if you have some kind of paper or a letter that says it clearly it can speed up the process!

Reactions: scorp101

JMG02

Mar 21, 2022
I have a question
I’m grand mother is really sick back home and the doctor provide a paper that confirms it and that she wants all of us that are in foreign countries to come and says goodbyes. Does that count for the urgent to process the application??

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
I have a question
I’m grand mother is really sick back home and the doctor provide a paper that confirms it and that she wants all of us that are in foreign countries to come and says goodbyes. Does that count for the urgent to process the application??
No. You do not need Canadian citizenship to travel to your home country. If you are a refugee and you do not have a passport, then they would question why you would be going back to your home country when you escaped from there.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
No I’m refugees through humanitarian application! And my PR is expired
I don't even know what humanitarian application means, and we are not the ones who make these decisions. Send your request and see if they will accept it, but sending a web form will take weeks for them to even acknowledge your urgent processing request, if they even read it at all.

JMG02

Mar 21, 2022
I don't even know what humanitarian application means, and we are not the ones who make these decisions. Send your request and see if they will accept it, but sending a web form will take weeks for them to even acknowledge your urgent processing request, if they even read it at all.
Thank you for your response

Wiha21

Mar 27, 2022
Do I have applied for citizenship grant on mid February and received AOR on March 25. When I apply I attach urgent processing proof and I received this email (the one attached) on March 27( two days after the AOR). Does this mean my UP is approved or what?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we cannot process applications normally and we cannot provide accurate processing times for most applications.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible and we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is
reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, we recommend consulting the Check you application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,