+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I can’t use my passport, I am a refugee
Please also be aware of the rules surrounding visiting your "home" country as a refugee.

If it's a third country, it may be allowed. However not sure that aunt counts and in any case, you have to show why you need to be there.

closer2getit

Oct 9, 2023
Hello everyone,
I need your advice on my case.

I am a Yemeni national and I have applied for a Canadian citizenship Jan 2023 and got the AOR in Feb 2023, and it's taking longer than I expected (stuck at BG check while my wife's tracker shows everything green except for auth invitation). In the official website, it says that I can ask for urgent processing if I need the passport to apply for a job or get a job. I am in the process of interviewing with a Saudi national entity and unfortunately, due to the current conflict between Saudi Arabia and Yemen, Saudis don't permit Yemenis from such sensitive positions.

I am planning to apply for urgent processing, do you think this is a valid reason? Do I need to show any proof? (there's no proof actually that I can show)

Please advise
Thanks a lot

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone,
I need your advice on my case.

I am a Yemeni national and I have applied for a Canadian citizenship Jan 2023 and got the AOR in Feb 2023, and it's taking longer than I expected (stuck at BG check while my wife's tracker shows everything green except for auth invitation). In the official website, it says that I can ask for urgent processing if I need the passport to apply for a job or get a job. I am in the process of interviewing with a Saudi national entity and unfortunately, due to the current conflict between Saudi Arabia and Yemen, Saudis don't permit Yemenis from such sensitive positions.

I am planning to apply for urgent processing, do you think this is a valid reason? Do I need to show any proof? (there's no proof actually that I can show)

Please advise
Thanks a lot
Hi,
You should provide a clear reason which should be acceptable to have your processing as urgent
Like what a job will be allowed for Canadians and not allowed for Yemenis. Common sense needed to help immigration officer to decide.
You need also to provide formal evidences, Good luck

closer2getit

Oct 9, 2023
Hi,
You should provide a clear reason which should be acceptable to have your processing as urgent
Like what a job will be allowed for Canadians and not allowed for Yemenis. Common sense needed to help immigration officer to decide.
You need also to provide formal evidences, Good luck
I believe I can justify it and give more context when filing the request. However, I'm afraid there's no formal evidence that I can provide for this case.

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I believe I can justify it and give more context when filing the request. However, I'm afraid there's no formal evidence that I can provide for this case.
Sorry to say that,
if you don’t have the right documents to support your request they wouldn’t accept it.

closer2getit

Oct 9, 2023
Sorry to say that,
if you don’t have the right documents to support your request they wouldn’t accept it.
I think I have nothing to lose, they either approve it and I proceed with my job application or reject it and lose my chance (which I will lose either way). Unless this will affect my application negatively ( I hope it won't )

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I can’t use my passport, I am a refugee
I am in the same situation, my dad have cancer and it is progressing. I told them I am going to meet him in third country and emphasized that I don't have any intention of visiting my home country and I provided them with CT imaging reports that support my request. They didn't reply to my request for over 2 months and they decided to do additional verification on my application. I would say just don't apply, let your application processed normally. your case might be different but I am just talking about my recent experience. good luck

ARP93

Aug 21, 2023
Hello all,
I just spoke to an IRCC officer on the phone, and she said for the online application urgent processing, there is question before you create your application asking if it is an urgent or not. I did not see such thing. The CIC website says for Online App you should Web-Form your request. I also checked with her and she said until you receive your AOR, we will not be able to see your application in the system. Is she right? Is there such thing before creating the online app to flag the application as Urgent?

amdca

Sep 7, 2023
I have sent the IRCC via web form for urgent processing of my citizenship grant application.

My background check as well as my citizenship test are already completed (waiting LPP and oath to be completed).

My flight is within a month and I provided them with details of my situation.

Had anyone asked or sent them via web form for urgent processing?

Are they ganna reply whether they accept or refuse the request for urgent processing?

How long is it taking till I receive an answer from them?

Really appreciate any answer ... thanks

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I have sent the IRCC via web form for urgent processing of my citizenship grant application.

My background check as well as my citizenship test are already completed (waiting LPP and oath to be completed).

My flight is within a month and I provided them with details of my situation.

Had anyone asked or sent them via web form for urgent processing?

Are they ganna reply whether they accept or refuse the request for urgent processing?

How long is it taking till I receive an answer from them?

Really appreciate any answer ... thanks
According to what I have read, They will send you an email to tell you that your documents added to your file , then 2 months on average to just to see if your request will be approved or not

amdca

Sep 7, 2023
Urgent processing request denied (emailed Scarborough for update) "you do not meet the requirements and will be processed in standard time".

This in spite of actually meeting the stated requirements of severe family illness and being unable to obtain a passport in one's nationality (I provided proof).

And my application has already exceeded the current processing time of 19 months, so not sure that standard time means?

Fingerprints expire soon. No end in sight.
Sorry to read that

May i know how long did it take from sending them the request for urgent processing till they replied back with request rejected?

My office is Scarborough as well and I'm wondering because i sent a web form today...but you mentioned that you emailed the office?! ...so may i know how you emailed them? What was the email?

sina_msi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am submitting the urgent request for my citizenship and application and wondering if anyone has a sample of employer supporting letter to show.
My employer has asked me to send them a sample and they will write a supporting letter for me to put it in my application. I need to travel to US frequently because of my job but was not able to do it this year due to the lack of passport

amdca

Sep 7, 2023
According to what I have read, They will send you an email to tell you that your documents added to your file , then 2 months on average to just to see if your request will be approved or not

I sent them the urgent request yesterday. Today i received a ghost update... Does it mean anything important?
I also received an automated email from (IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) as follows:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

· If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.

· If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

For more information, we suggest consulting the following online services:

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Hemotep000

Mar 20, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm a federal government employee and I'm in the midst of applying for citizenship. Recently, I was invited via email to apply for an internal job at a higher level, which requires a security clearance that I presently lack. Acquiring this clearance without citizenship entail a lengthy process of several months (generally more than a year) potentially leading to disqualification.

1- In this scenario, would it be wise to seek urgent processing for my citizenship application?
(I possess a copy of the invitation email detailing the job requirements and the necessary security level).

2- Could anyone provide a rough estimate of how the timelines for regular and urgent applications differ?

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm a federal government employee and I'm in the midst of applying for citizenship. Recently, I was invited via email to apply for an internal job at a higher level, which requires a security clearance that I presently lack. Acquiring this clearance without citizenship entail a lengthy process of several months (generally more than a year) potentially leading to disqualification.

1- In this scenario, would it be wise to seek urgent processing for my citizenship application?
(I possess a copy of the invitation email detailing the job requirements and the necessary security level).

2- Could anyone provide a rough estimate of how the timelines for regular and urgent applications differ?
Urgent processing is subjective from what I read. If you have not applied already...when submitting indicate urgent processing...I don't know how that's done. And get as much documents from your employer to back your claim...that they really need your citizenship approval asap for your clearance. You can also consult your MP where you live to contact IRCC regarding your file and the urgency.