+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Problem related to PGWP

Edieason

Jun 13, 2017
Basically I am in the exact same situation as you, but I will be graduating next year. I also go to Waterloo as well. What did the international advisors say about your situation?
She said I should have made my life easier if I applied online by just using the school letter. I will let you know if I make it or not. But probably need to wait for 7 weeks.

Edieason

Jun 13, 2017
Basically I am in the exact same situation as you, but I will be graduating next year. I also go to Waterloo as well. What did the international advisors say about your situation?
just tr
Do you know anyone who is rejected on post graduation work permit in our school?

chickennuggets2704

Jul 10, 2017
just tr

Do you know anyone who is rejected on post graduation work permit in our school?
Not that I know of. I do think it is common for international students at Waterloo to take part time in some terms, so I imagine IRCC know about the weird term sequence Waterloo has. Did you bring your transcript instead of the official letter by the school?

Edieason

Jun 13, 2017
Not that I know of. I do think it is common for international students at Waterloo to take part time in some terms, so I imagine IRCC know about the weird term sequence Waterloo has. Did you bring your transcript instead of the official letter by the school?
If you have some part time terms, I do recommend you don't show your transcript when you apply for PGWP, as the advisor and my lawyer told to me. I do not know if they know about the situation of our school. but I heard from some lawyers that some students were rejected due to some part time terms. So now I am just wishing I will not be in the group of those.

Xgx

Feb 21, 2018
If you have some part time terms, I do recommend you don't show your transcript when you apply for PGWP, as the advisor and my lawyer told to me. I do not know if they know about the situation of our school. but I heard from some lawyers that some students were rejected due to some part time terms. So now I am just wishing I will not be in the group of those.
What happened with your situation ? Pliz I am in the same situation

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Could you share your result? Plz

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I opened conversation with you to explain my situation in more details. Could you reply to that conversation if you don’t mind? Thank you in advance!
I can't. It doesn't provide me with the option to respond. You must have some sort of privacy setting activated that prevents me from answering.

Short answer to your question is that you should be expecting a refusal since you have more than one part time term. IMO very low chances the PGWP is going to be approved. I would recommend that you come up with a back up plan of what you will do if your PGWP is refused.

Reactions: qweqwe

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I can't. It doesn't provide me with the option to respond. You must have some sort of privacy setting activated that prevents me from answering.

Short answer to your question is that you should be expecting a refusal since you have more than one part time term. IMO very low chances the PGWP is going to be approved. I would recommend that you come up with a back up plan of what you will do if your PGWP is refused.
If refused, can I reapply pgwp on border..? I know the chance to get the visa will be even lower than the first time. But I would like to explain my situation in person and ask to reconsider.. I want to do my best before moving on next back-up plan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If refused, can I reapply pgwp on border..? I know the chance to get the visa will be even lower than the first time. But I would like to explain my situation in person and ask to reconsider.. I want to do my best before moving on next back-up plan.
You can certainly try applying at the border but should expect the results to be the same. It's a black and white rule. You cannot be part time for more than one term to qualify for a PGWP. Either you meet the requirements or you don't. CBSA generally isn't flexible and doesn't reconsider - they aren't IRCC. IRCC is occasionally flexible. So always some small hope the application you have in now may be approved.

Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b