+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Previously undeclared employment history

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hi all. Recently I have been anxious because of this mistake I made on my initial Study Permit application. The story is:

I turned 18 in Jan 2014. In Jun 2018, I made my first study permit application from outside Canada for my master's program that was starting in Sept 2018.

From Jan 2014 - Jun 2018, I have only studied as a high school student and an undergraduate student (my undergrad program lasted from Aug 2014 to Jul 2018). Indeed, I have had some part-time jobs during my studies in this period, but my main activity had always remained "studying" as of the date I made this study permit application. I have not held any formal full-time jobs prior to my application.

As part of my study permit application, there were only 3 spaces under the Employment section (in IMM1294) for you to fill out your employment history. Since I didn't know we had to attach additional sheets of paper when there's not enough space, I only filled out 3 part-time jobs that I had in this section, while there were actually 4 or 5. What would have been reflected on my application is that I had only been studying as my main activity.

It was not my intention to hide the rest of the part-time jobs I had taken in my initial study permit application. I just didn't know I could / had to attach extra sheets. After I finished my studies in Canada in 2020, I applied for my PGWP. For my PGWP application, I DID attach a full employment history declaring all part-time jobs I have taken. There are no gaps since I was 18 as my main activity has always remained "studying". I have no formal full-time work experience at all. My PGWP was indeed approved. No problems.

So here you can see that there are previously undeclared employments declared in my PGWP application. Now the question comes:

When we apply for PR through whichever program, we ought to declare all work history since 18 or over the past 10 years. In my case, will there be problems if I supply my full employment history now (as I did for my PGWP), with some part-time jobs taken during my studies being undeclared in my initial study application?

I am feeling very anxious now as I am afraid of being accused of misrepresentation. Could any offer me some help/advice/comment? I would certainly appreciate that.

Thanks everyone. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all. Recently I have been anxious because of this mistake I made on my initial Study Permit application. The story is:

I turned 18 in Jan 2014. In Jun 2018, I made my first study permit application from outside Canada for my master's program that was starting in Sept 2018.

From Jan 2014 - Jun 2018, I have only studied as a high school student and an undergraduate student (my undergrad program lasted from Aug 2014 to Jul 2018). Indeed, I have had some part-time jobs during my studies in this period, but my main activity had always remained "studying" as of the date I made this study permit application. I have not held any formal full-time jobs prior to my application.

As part of my study permit application, there were only 3 spaces under the Employment section (in IMM1294) for you to fill out your employment history. Since I didn't know we had to attach additional sheets of paper when there's not enough space, I only filled out 3 part-time jobs that I had in this section, while there were actually 4 or 5. What would have been reflected on my application is that I had only been studying as my main activity.

It was not my intention to hide the rest of the part-time jobs I had taken in my initial study permit application. I just didn't know I could / had to attach extra sheets. After I finished my studies in Canada in 2020, I applied for my PGWP. For my PGWP application, I DID attach a full employment history declaring all part-time jobs I have taken. There are no gaps since I was 18 as my main activity has always remained "studying". I have no formal full-time work experience at all. My PGWP was indeed approved. No problems.

So here you can see that there are previously undeclared employments declared in my PGWP application. Now the question comes:

When we apply for PR through whichever program, we ought to declare all work history since 18 or over the past 10 years. In my case, will there be problems if I supply my full employment history now (as I did for my PGWP), with some part-time jobs taken during my studies being undeclared in my initial study application?

I am feeling very anxious now as I am afraid of being accused of misrepresentation. Could any offer me some help/advice/comment? I would certainly appreciate that.

Thanks everyone. :)
This topic has been discussed repeatedly in the Express Entry and CEC sections of the forum. Suggest you go there for advice.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
This topic has been discussed repeatedly in the Express Entry and CEC sections of the forum. Suggest you go there for advice.
Guys, I am on student visa and will be creating my express entry profile very soon. However, while filling imm1294 form for study permit, I mistakenly entered wrong start date of one of the work experiences. Now I am confused whether what I should I mention in express entry profile? The actual start date or the one which I mentioned in imm1294 form. Also, do we also need to fill imm1294 form again for PR ? @scylla