+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR renewal - question

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi,

My PR card expires this week, and I want to apply for urgent renewal, as my mom is going to the hospital. She has kidneys dysfunction, her health has been deteriorating for a while, and now she is getting ready for surgery to have one of her kidneys removed.

What do I need from her doctor to be attached to the application for urgent processing?

And question nr 2: on the website, it's said it takes around 103 days for the urgent processing, does anyone know if this is the realistic number? I would like to purchase tickets, but not sure which day should I aim for.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My PR card expires this week, and I want to apply for urgent renewal, as my mom is going to the hospital. She has kidneys dysfunction, her health has been deteriorating for a while, and now she is getting ready for surgery to have one of her kidneys removed.

What do I need from her doctor to be attached to the application for urgent processing?

And question nr 2: on the website, it's said it takes around 103 days for the urgent processing, does anyone know if this is the realistic number? I would like to purchase tickets, but not sure which day should I aim for.

Thanks!
Is your mother outside of Canada? You don't need to have a valid PR card to leave Canada.

To return to Canada, you need either a valid PR card or a PR Travel Document which you can obtain once you are outside of Canada.

If you want to request urgent processsing then yes, you would want to include letters from doctors. It's not guaranteed that you will be granted urgent processing and processing times are very difficult to guess right now due to COVID-19.

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Thank you! Yes, she is outside of Canada and I know that I can travel there, but I am more worried about being able to get back to Canada without the valid PR card, especially with the COVID situation. I looked what's the situation with obtaining the Travel Document when I am there, and there is no info if they are even open. And, of course, this might change if the pandemic will get worse when I am visiting.
I don't want to end up in a situation I cannot go back to Canada in case the borders will be closed for non-citizens/non-PR, so I want to apply for the urgent renewal before I go.

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello everyone,
So I want to change my last name on my PR card because of divorce to whom I can contact? Also what are the charges for renewal?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016