+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - PR card send to wrong address

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Yes, their rule is to wait 6 weeks from the date they mailed the card before they would do anything else. I guess their hope is that the card may be returned back to them during that time (and they have time to process it and re-mail if applicable). For us, the 6 weeks will be up this week. I decided to call them on Friday and the agent told me that the card came back and was remailed on Feb 4. Sounds good, however it has been over a week and it still has not arrived :-( I'd think it should be about a week from NS to BC...I am hoping it is the weather and not another issue or wrong address again or something ...Trying not to think about this possibility at least for now...
Oh wow good news for you. Dont worry you will get it, the weathers been bad last week and this week in Ontario.

I will call them next week again and see if they got my mail back, So seems like it took 3 weeks to return to CIC in your case right?

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Oh wow good news for you. Dont worry you will get it, the weathers been bad last week and this week in Ontario.

I will call them next week again and see if they got my mail back, So seems like it took 3 weeks to return to CIC in your case right?
I'd say closer to 4 weeks (I am thinking probably about 3 weeks to get the card returned by Canada post and a few days for them to process it I guess - I presume there is probably a big queue of returned mail to deal with, especially for first time cards, I heard on this board that quite a few may come back because address was temporary or something like that)

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I'd say closer to 4 weeks (I am thinking probably about 3 weeks to get the card returned by Canada post and a few days for them to process it I guess - I presume there is probably a big queue of returned mail to deal with, especially for first time cards, I heard on this board that quite a few may come back because address was temporary or something like that)
Ahh that makes sense! I hope mine did indeed get returned to them. Will update everyone as i know about mine.

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Hi, any update? I am trying to call but cannot get through.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Hi, any update? I am trying to call but cannot get through.
Our ordeal continues. I called them last week to see if any news and the agent told me that the card came back and got re-mailed on February 4.

However, the problem is that it has now been almost two 2 weeks (10 biz days) since that supposed re-mail date and the card still has not arrived :-( which makes me really worried that maybe they re-mailed it again to the address without the unit number (as stupid as it sounds. - maybe reused the insert or did not notice that the problem before was with unit #, as the rest of the address was fine). I still hope the delay is due to weather - or maybe when they put mailing date it is not actually mailing but 'put into mailing queue'

But normally people get the cards quickly after mailing status update.
The thing that gets me really worried is that we got mail every single day this week (bills, etc.) from different parts of the country - despite the snow (i.e. mail delivery was fine).
Have to wait but not sure if now this means a new 6 week wait from the new 'remail' date to take any action...
Hope it shows up soon!!!

As for calling them, I managed to get through but had to try a few times - sometimes they wont put you on hold at all saying that there are too many calls. Also I read their system does check where you are calling from (as this is how they check 8 to 4 local time hours)

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Our ordeal continues. I called them last week to see if any news and the agent told me that the card came back and got re-mailed on February 4.

However, the problem is that it has now been almost two 2 weeks (10 biz days) since that supposed re-mail date and the card still has not arrived :-( which makes me really worried that maybe they re-mailed it again to the address without the unit number (as stupid as it sounds. - maybe reused the insert or did not notice that the problem before was with unit #, as the rest of the address was fine). I still hope the delay is due to weather - or maybe when they put mailing date it is not actually mailing but 'put into mailing queue'

But normally people get the cards quickly after mailing status update.
The thing that gets me really worried is that we got mail every single day this week (bills, etc.) from different parts of the country - despite the snow (i.e. mail delivery was fine).
Have to wait but not sure if now this means a new 6 week wait from the new 'remail' date to take any action...
Hope it shows up soon!!!

As for calling them, I managed to get through but had to try a few times - sometimes they wont put you on hold at all saying that there are too many calls. Also I read their system does check where you are calling from (as this is how they check 8 to 4 local time hours)
Damn it. I thought the main concern would be whether they get it back or not and now it seems, from your case, that there are further things to be concerned of. I sincerely hope that the issue is not with the address again because that would mean restarting this cycle. Maybe its the processing, paper works etc. (I hope) and that they will send it to the right address this time.
Calling from outside Canada is also very costly. And when the wait time is 20-35 minutes, the cost build up very quickly. I am thinking of putting a web inquiry now that I am closer to the 6th week. Will try calling again next week as it is weekends already.
Keep us updated here. Hope you get it soon.

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Update: I submitted an enquiry through webform stating my situation and they confirmed that my PR Card was returned to them as undeliverables. They asked me to submit my correct address so they can repost it. I did as they have asked. Lets see what happens now.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Update: I submitted an enquiry through webform stating my situation and they confirmed that my PR Card was returned to them as undeliverables. They asked me to submit my correct address so they can repost it. I did as they have asked. Lets see what happens now.
The same happened to me. I phoned them when our 6 week waiting period expired and they told me the card finally came back to them and they remailed it to the correct address (which I corrected a while back after noticing they missed the unit #). The card finally got delivered (though it still took over 2 weeks to arrive in the mail since they date they remailed)

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
The same happened to me. I phoned them when our 6 week waiting period expired and they told me the card finally came back to them and they remailed it to the correct address (which I corrected a while back after noticing they missed the unit #). The card finally got delivered (though it still took over 2 weeks to arrive in the mail since they date they remailed)
Glad to hear that you have finally gotten your card. I submitted another enquiry updating my address (even though I did it before) and they replied that they will shortly repost the card to the correct address and I should expect to get it within 6 weeks. Lets see how much time they take. However, since you have gotten yours, it gives hope that it might be over without additional steps.

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Glad to hear that you have finally gotten your card. I submitted another enquiry updating my address (even though I did it before) and they replied that they will shortly repost the card to the correct address and I should expect to get it within 6 weeks. Lets see how much time they take. However, since you have gotten yours, it gives hope that it might be over without additional steps.
Did you get your card? My six weeks are going to be up very soon. I submitted web inquiry as well, lets see what happens.

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Did you get your card? My six weeks are going to be up very soon. I submitted web inquiry as well, lets see what happens.
No, not yet. They said to wait another 6 weeks within which I should receive my card. I will probably post another web enquiry. I am just waiting for some time to pass before doing that.

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
No, not yet. They said to wait another 6 weeks within which I should receive my card. I will probably post another web enquiry. I am just waiting for some time to pass before doing that.
You should get it soon....I have been sending them web inquiry like every 3 days but their reply is always standard. Calling them is too hectic! I will now wait until my 6 weeks are up within few days and then send web inquiry.

Amitzz

Mar 3, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a similar issue the card was not delivered due to a missing unit number for me and my partner. Now, I am outside Canada and I have to send Solemn declaration to CIC because 6 weeks have passed and they did not receive my and partners card back.
My question is
1) Can I give my friends phone number as I don't have any Canadian phone number or should l leave it as N/A?

I would really appreciate if you can help me.

Thank you.

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a similar issue the card was not delivered due to a missing unit number for me and my partner. Now, I am outside Canada and I have to send Solemn declaration to CIC because 6 weeks have passed and they did not receive my and partners card back.
My question is
1) Can I give my friends phone number as I don't have any Canadian phone number or should l leave it as N/A?

I would really appreciate if you can help me.

Thank you.
I honestly don’t think it matters whose number you give. They just need it for verification purpose in case you call them later on asking about the status of your pr card. In that case they will ask you to confirm your phone number and email ID. Just give your friends number.

Amitzz

Mar 3, 2019
I honestly don’t think it matters whose number you give. They just need it for verification purpose in case you call them later on asking about the status of your pr card. In that case they will ask you to confirm your phone number and email ID. Just give your friends number.
Hi Kiqr,
Thank you so much. I appreciate your reply and I will do that and give my friends number.