+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR card renewal requirements.

meamee

Jun 8, 2018
Hi,
So my family shifted to Canada 2 years ago in July 2016. After one month of our landing in Canada, i.e. aug 2016 our PR card got expired. My family will be completing 730 days stay in Canada in this comping Aug 2018, that makes us eligible to apply for PR card renewal.
One of our close family members is critically sick and we wish to travel as soon as we get our renewed card. Currently, the process time of PR card renewal applications is 117 days. We have talked to several immigration lawyers, and they say due to a complicated history, it might take up to 180 days for our application to process.
Can somebody please guide me what kind of Doctor's note will be required to speed up the process. and is there any other way we can get our application processed within 3 months.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you have I assume read the list of requirements. My guess is that any doctors note would need possibly to indicate someone has a potential life threatening or terminal illness for which the prognosis is not good and you need to be there in weeks not months.

Basically any supporting documentation will need to be top heavy with reasons why you need to travel despite any RO history.

Of course there are always PRTDs or entry back via the US but with RO history that might be a risk.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html