+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! PR application just got rejected!

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello guys, I need your advice:
1-

FSWO- AOR May 22

I have just received this:

"Your application is rejected.
You have indicated that your province of destination is Quebec. To qualify as a federal skilled worker you must intend to live outside the province of Quebec"

WHY ON EARTH would they put Quebec in the options and let us select it as a province of destination if it's not allowed under EE? :/

is there anything I can do about this guys other than creating a new profile? (my CRS is 444 so I won't make it according to the last cut-off)

2-
One more extremely imp thing to add:

I have a study permit in process to a university in Quebec (that was the reason I have chosen Quebec as the province of destination)

Now if I have created another profile and chosen another province, won't this contradict with my study permit application (as the study intended is in Quebec)?

Or I the fact that I plan to leave Quebec after studying will allow me to choose another province in the EE application?

Last edited:

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
WHY ON EARTH would they put Quebec in the options and let us select it as a province of destination if it's not allowed under EE? :/
Always wondered this myself.

As for the second part, it's a tough one to be honest. Any chance the Quebec university is very close to Ottawa to claim a commute?

girish979

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
India
Interview........
None
1-

FSWO- AOR May 22

You have indicated that your province of destination is Quebec. To qualify as a federal skilled worker you must intend to live outside the province of Quebec"

is there anything I can do about this guys other than creating a new profile? (my CRS is 444 so I won't make it according to the last cut-off)

2-

I have a study permit in process to a university in Quebec (that was the reason I have chosen Quebec as the province of destination)

Now if I have created another profile and chosen another province, won't this contradict with my study permit application (as the study intended is in Quebec)?

Or I the fact that I plan to leave Quebec after studying will allow me to choose another province in the EE application?

You should not have kept Quebec.
It is not going to be easy to get PR outside of Quebec, once you have ties with quebec. (seen similar cases)
You must submit a LOE or your intent to reside outside of Quebec.(if asked again)

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Always wondered this myself.

As for the second part, it's a tough one to be honest. Any chance the Quebec university is very close to Ottawa to claim a commute?
McGill University - Montreal
I looked up the map, there is a city in Ontario that is 100 KM away (1 hr -1 hr 20 min drive)
Don't know if it's possible to convince the officer I will be living in Ottawa.

BTW, If was asked to land, and waited till my study finish (more than 1 year after medical), can I re-do medical and land or I just loose my chance?

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
It is not going to be easy to get PR outside of Quebec, once you have ties with quebec. (seen similar cases)
You must submit a LOE or your intent to reside outside of Quebec.(if asked again)
So I wonder what are my options here:

1- apply in Quebec PNP, but in this case, will I have to stick to Quebec afterwards and can't mlove to Ontario after finishing my masters study (planning to apply for another study program in Toronto University afterwards, but it requires PR to apply)?

2- reapply to EE choosing another province as a destination, and if I got my PR application approved, I wait untill I finish study in Quebec (a year and half) and land? (not sure if this is possible, just wondering)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Few things to comment:

1 - Usually the date in which you must land is a year from the medicals OR your passport expiry date, whichever is earlier. Your plan to land after you finish your studies wouldn't work unless so hold on submitting your eAPR for a while.

2 - Once you're a PR you can live wherever you want.

3 - We already discussed what's most likely going to happen if you apply for PR via EE while living in Quebec.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaizeik and dolfin

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Sorry to know that they rejected your application. They should give you chance. Its only two seconds game to reselect the intend to live other than Quebec.
Please share your timeline. Just wanna know at which stage your application is rejected.

1-

FSWO- AOR May 22

2-

Reactions: dolfin

Hera2017

Jun 28, 2017
Guys,
We need those who got their PR application rejected to share with us the reasons why their applications were rejected.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for ur reply. I mean other applicants could also share their experience with the PR process and the possible obstacles we might face.
There are separate threads with appropriate titles for rejection reasons.

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Few things to comment:

1 - Usually the date in which you must land is a year from the medicals OR your passport expiry date, whichever is earlier. Your plan to land after you finish your studies wouldn't work unless so hold on submitting your eAPR for a while.

2 - Once you're a PR you can live wherever you want.

3 - When doing your landing you cannot give a Quebec address.

4 - We already discussed what's most likely going to happen if you apply for PR via EE while living in Quebec.
Thank you, now I'm thinking of delaying my eAPR as late as possible as you suggested, but it's just you never know if the score is gonna get higher and the chance is lost.

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Sorry to know that they rejected your application. They should give you chance. Its only two seconds game to reselect the intend to live other than Quebec.
Please share your timeline. Just wanna know at which stage your application is rejected.
Yes, very frustrating :(
my AOR is May 22 (FSWO)
Rejected yesterday