+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT PR application cancelled and 7 days left on visa

Maosb18

Jul 4, 2019
My PR application has been cancelled and thus rejected because my police clearance certificate was not dated to match the time in the country of residence. CIC told me I have to start all over again with an Express Entry application, ITA etc.

Given I need a new police clearance and there is a wait it’s unlikely I can submit a new application to receive "Implied Status" in the next 7 days before my current visa expires on July 10.

I have submitted the first stage (Express Entry application) today. I now have to wait for my "Invitation to Apply" before finalising my PR application. As I mentioned unlikely this will happen before July 10.

I have a job and a letter of employment for that same company. They have contacted their immigration lawyers for assistance but I’m desperate.

I'm not sure what to do from here, or if there is anything to do but any help or guidance would be overly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My PR application has been cancelled and thus rejected because my police clearance certificate was not dated to match the time in the country of residence. CIC told me I have to start all over again with an Express Entry application, ITA etc.

Given I need a new police clearance and there is a wait it’s unlikely I can submit a new application to receive "Implied Status" in the next 7 days before my current visa expires on July 10.

I have submitted the first stage (Express Entry application) today. I now have to wait for my "Invitation to Apply" before finalising my PR application. As I mentioned unlikely this will happen before July 10.

I have a job and a letter of employment for that same company. They have contacted their immigration lawyers for assistance but I’m desperate.

I'm not sure what to do from here, or if there is anything to do but any help or guidance would be overly appreciated.
You were correctly refused for providing the wrong PCC and unfortunately your only option is to reapply from scratch.

In order to be on implied status, you would need to receive ITA, submit your finalized PR application and also submit a BOWP application all within the next 7 days.

If you wanted to remain in Canada and keep working, your employer would need to already have an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a new closed work permit. The LMIA process is 4-6 months. So unless your employer has already gone through this process and obtain the LMIA, applying for a new closed work permit isn't feasible.

Your only other option is to apply to change your status to visitor before July 10th. You'll need to stop working as soon as your work permit expires, however you'll be able to remain in Canada as a visitor.