+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Police certificate declared invalid, but police certificate was still valid.

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
Hello all, I just got this application cancellation message from IRCC.

"The Police certificate was issued prior to their last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on November 2021. Their last residence in this country was January 2022."

However, January 2022 was my last month to complete a 6 month stay in the country, and this is the last police certificate in the country before I travelled. Also the police certificate was valid (for 3 months) till February 2022. Why then would my application be rejected for this reason? I plan to raise a webform. Any other advice / how to reach them quickly / call on this issue?

Thanks.

dennajort

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022
Hello all, I just got this application cancellation message from IRCC.

"The Police certificate was issued prior to their last residence in that country. The Police certificate was issued on November 2021. Their last residence in this country was January 2022."

However, January 2022 was my last month to complete a 6 month stay in the country, and this is the last police certificate in the country before I travelled. Also the police certificate was valid (for 3 months) till February 2022. Why then would my application be rejected for this reason? I plan to raise a webform. Any other advice / how to reach them quickly / call on this issue?

Thanks.
Hi ! For country you previously lived in (not currently living in) the certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

In your case, your police certificate must be issued after January 2022. I feel like expiration date is not super important in this case.

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
Thanks. I understand what you are saying. The country in question does not have any official way of getting an online police certificate after one has left the country. At the moment, that would mean travelling back to the country to get a police certificate. Is there a procedure in this type of scenario?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. I understand what you are saying. The country in question does not have any official way of getting an online police certificate after one has left the country. At the moment, that would mean travelling back to the country to get a police certificate. Is there a procedure in this type of scenario?
You need to obtain an updated PCC. Which country is it? If you let us know which one, people may be able to suggest how to get it done.

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
You need to obtain an updated PCC. Which country is it? If you let us know which one, people may be able to suggest how to get it done.
Thanks for your response. The country is Nigeria. I checked online, and did not see any process. Practically all the processes involve travelling down and applying from there.
I've sent text messages to a few contacts there and sent a message to the Nigerian embassy here - waiting for their responses.

Thanks, looking forward to responses from the community.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response. The country is Nigeria. I checked online, and did not see any process. Practically all the processes involve travelling down and applying from there.
I've sent text messages to a few contacts there and sent a message to the Nigerian embassy here - waiting for their responses.

Did you see the mail-in option here?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/nigeria.html

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019

I sent you a private message. I was able to do PCC from Nigeria when my family and I moved to Canada

monsieurd

May 12, 2020
Thank you guys. I have started the process to get the PCC.

I read somewhere here that IRCC can reopen applications. Is there a time window for requesting the application be reopened? Or a channel that can respond faster than webform? I tried calling the contact center yesterday, but it was busy.

Plus, any general advice on getting the application reopened is appreciated? Right now, my profile says "profile updated", I think in some hours it might change to "cancelled". I am trying to both get the new document and send to them quickly. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you guys. I have started the process to get the PCC.

I read somewhere here that IRCC can reopen applications. Is there a time window for requesting the application be reopened? Or a channel that can respond faster than webform? I tried calling the contact center yesterday, but it was busy.

Plus, any general advice on getting the application reopened is appreciated? Right now, my profile says "profile updated", I think in some hours it might change to "cancelled". I am trying to both get the new document and send to them quickly. Thanks.
Webform is the way to try to get the application re-opened. Don't bother calling the help desk.

It may take a while to hear back.

In terms of general advice, it can be difficult to get an application re-opened in a situation such as yours since the PCC you submitted wasn't valid for the required period (meaning that you submitted an incomplete application). Ideally you would also have the right PCC now and be able to submit it now along with the request to re-open / reconsider. Of course you can certainly try