+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT PLS HELP LANDING INTERVIEW

alittlesweet

Sep 7, 2012
Hi guys. I just received the letter saying my file has sent to local office, will be contacted for the landing interview. Here is the thing, me and my husband didn't expect the process could be this fast, so I applied my single entry visa and we are going back to our country for our wedding ceremony on Dec1 2012. I don't know how long it will take for us to have this interview, and also I heard the interview is an actual landing action. After the interview, it will take about 6-8 weeks for me to get the PR card. During this 6-8 weeks, I can't leave Canada. However, it seems like we are running out of the time. If the interview is around mid of October, we might have chance to receive PR card before we leave. What if my interview is around Nov, does it mean we can't leave Canada? I am so nervous now, I already bought the flight and wedding date is decided... pls help.....during the interview, did they give you some paper documents for me to use to go out side of Canada and come back? or I have to wait till I got the PR card?? thanks guys.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
You can always ask a family member to courier the PR card to you. Or, worst case, apply for a returning residents permit. The problem with applying for the permit is that you have to fill out more paperwork and it takes a bit of time to get it, and it's not a 100% guarantee. Personally, I would have someone courier the PR card. The only risk is the courier company losing it, but that is very rare and I highly doubt it would happen.

FS

alittlesweet

Sep 7, 2012
but why do I have to do my landing in Canada? Why some friends of my they could go to states and came back as their landing?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Sounds to me like your application is "inland", that's the way it works. As I understand it, 'flag-poling' works for applicants IN Canada but have applied for PR "outland".

alittlesweet

Sep 7, 2012
it is inland......i guess looking for a carrier is the only way out..... cross my finger, hope everything will be fine...

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hi,
If you apply inland and you didn't expect your application would be processed that soon, could you please share your timelines?
Thanks

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Thank you for sharing. Btw, I hope things go smoothly with you and the planned wedding. Myself as well is been having difficulties...
All the best.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Where is your local office? Ours was in Calgary, we got decision made on may 30 and my husband landed in june 23. Got his PR card after 2 months. If your local office is not that busy you might still be in Canada when your PR card arrives or worst case scenerio like what others suggested you can have it mailed to you or get a travel permit at the Canadian Embassy where you're at.

alittlesweet

Sep 7, 2012
we are at edmonton, it will approximately take about one and half month to land it. based on what you told me, taking about 2 months to get PR, apprantly my time line is pretty tight....Well, let me see what I could. I am still waiting for the answer for my interview.

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
alittlesweet said:
Hi guys. I just received the letter saying my file has sent to local office, will be contacted for the landing interview. Here is the thing, me and my husband didn't expect the process could be this fast, so I applied my single entry visa and we are going back to our country for our wedding ceremony on Dec1 2012. I don't know how long it will take for us to have this interview, and also I heard the interview is an actual landing action. After the interview, it will take about 6-8 weeks for me to get the PR card. During this 6-8 weeks, I can't leave Canada. However, it seems like we are running out of the time. If the interview is around mid of October, we might have chance to receive PR card before we leave. What if my interview is around Nov, does it mean we can't leave Canada? I am so nervous now, I already bought the flight and wedding date is decided... pls help.....during the interview, did they give you some paper documents for me to use to go out side of Canada and come back? or I have to wait till I got the PR card?? thanks guys.
Hi alittlesweet,
i was in the same situation. I had booked my flight, then was called for my landing interview. i left canada w/o Pr card and had no problem coming back. i brought my COPR with me and passport (i'm visa exempt). this is just my case though, you really never know. Good luck!

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
lovely20 said:
Where is your local office? Ours was in Calgary, we got decision made on may 30 and my husband landed in june 23. Got his PR card after 2 months. If your local office is not that busy you might still be in Canada when your PR card arrives or worst case scenerio like what others suggested you can have it mailed to you or get a travel permit at the Canadian Embassy where you're at.
Hi,

I will be landing in Calgary on November 22. Do you mind sharing your experience ? How did it go ?
Also, are you from a visa exempt country (US, UK, Oz, France ...) ? If yes, were you able to get your new SIN immediately ?