+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent, pls help.Landing in Canada- H1B stamping needed?

Birudu

Jul 16, 2018
Hi All, Request your help.
I received my COPR and need to land in Canada to complete PR formalities and at same time have to get my US Visa stamped. can i select as Canadian permanent resident when on COPR while applying for us non immigrant visa in Canada.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi All, Request your help.
I received my COPR and need to land in Canada to complete PR formalities and at same time have to get my US Visa stamped. can i select as Canadian permanent resident when on COPR while applying for us non immigrant visa in Canada.
When i landed for the first time, i had to fill in customs form and i was advised not to select as PR. I was not yet a PR, PR is only after the COPR is confirmed. Technically, one could be denied an entry.

Birudu

Jul 16, 2018
When i landed for the first time, i had to fill in customs form and i was advised not to select as PR. I was not yet a PR, PR is only after the COPR is confirmed. Technically, one could be denied an entry.
Thank you got it.

Nov 28, 2018
Hi. I'm sorry if this has been asked before.
My landing expiration on COPR is October 2018.
I'm on H1B in DC, i-140 approved, PD 2013. Never went to India since I came to the US for masters.

Do I need to get my visa stamped in Canada considering I will be back mostly the same day?
Is stamping exempt?
Hey there, I am in a similar position. Going to Canada in December. If you could share your experience, I'd appreciate it. Thank you,

Nov 28, 2018
Hello friend, how was your trip? Are you holding the valid H1B stamp?
Hello friend,
I completed my landing in Canada on Sunday, applied for my SIN on Monday morning and drove back to US the same day using AVR (Automatic Visa Re-validation). I did not get my visa stamped.
Thanks,

Reactions: Samoinp

rahulsingh16

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello friend,
I completed my landing in Canada on Sunday, applied for my SIN on Monday morning and drove back to US the same day using AVR (Automatic Visa Re-validation). I did not get my visa stamped.
Thanks,
Do they give new i94 ? Did they take you to secondary inspection ?

AK11503

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hello friend,
Thanks,
Hello,
Can you please share inputs for AVR, any registration, any documents required, can we do this by land and flight both, any other additional input. Thanks!

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
Hello,

I have recently received my COPR and will have to do my landing process shortly in canada. I am in US and initially was on F1 and then applied for H1B which got approved and started the H1B status from October 1 2019. I have not left the country and do not have a H1B visa stamped.I have the F1 visa in my passport which is valid till 2021. I have two questions:

1. Does change of status from F1 to H1B mean that the F1 stamp existing on my passport is expired?
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on F1?

Please help in a lot of confusion Thanks in advance!!!!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
1. The F1 Visa is irrelevant. You don't have H1B Visa in your passport and hence you will be using AVR to return to US.
2. Yes, you can. The I-94 at the bottom of your H1B approval notice is your I-94 now. The F1 D/S I-94 is irrelevant.