+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent !! pls help !! Date first became qualified to practice in this occupation

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Okay, so I have a question regarding this.

I started working May 2014, which was also the month I was eligible to graduate, on Work Permit (Off-campus work permit for student) and didnt get my PGWP until July 2015. So what's is the answer for this questions ? Also, does my work from May 2014 to July 2015 counted in my work experience for EE ?

Please help :(

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
tiffany123 said:
Okay, so I have a question regarding this.

I started working May 2014, which was also the month I was eligible to graduate, on Work Permit (Off-campus work permit for student) and didnt get my PGWP until July 2015. So what's is the answer for this questions ? Also, does my work from May 2014 to July 2015 counted in my work experience for EE ?

Please help :(
If you had valid legal right to work in Canada from May 2014 and were working (and paid for) at least 37.5 hours a week, then all your experience counts. This question is specifically applicable to those in regulated occupations, i.e. Doctors or Chartered Accountants, because they are not authorized to work in their field in their full capacity until they become legally qualified.

kakeda

Mar 10, 2015
Jaxon911 said:
If you had valid legal right to work in Canada from May 2014 and were working (and paid for) at least 37.5 hours a week, then all your experience counts. This question is specifically applicable to those in regulated occupations, i.e. Doctors or Chartered Accountants, because they are not authorized to work in their field in their full capacity until they become legally qualified.

Can you provide a source of this info. Also would you know if Engineers are in the same scenario???

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Jaxon911 said:
Thanks for your reply. I started working from May 2014 until now. It is just that from May 2014 to July 2014 (30 hours/week) , I worked on Work Permit for student cause I was waiting for my PGWP and from July 2014 till now is PGWP. I was just afraid my work from May till July of 2014 did get count :( thanks a lot !!

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
kakeda said:
Can you provide a source of this info. Also would you know if Engineers are in the same scenario???
I don't have time to find source, but common sense says this, you can legally work as an engineer if a company offers you a job even if you don't have any qualifications AT ALL. But would you go to a doctor who isn't qualified to advice you? Think practically, there are certain occupations which cannot be performed without legitimate qualifications, doctors during their studies do work as a trainee but that wouldn't be considered as valid work experience for them because it's part of the learning process towards qualification and most importantly, they cannot legally work on their on in their full capacity without their qualification. Same applies to lawyers, without bar council approval, one cannot practice law, so the date from where their experience counts is the date from when they were working full time after being qualified by bar council!

But for engineers or other unregulated qualifications, all work experience should be valid as long as it was paid and full-time, I'm fairly confident about this. I'm confident that CIC will accept your experience as long as you have valid reference letters justifying your experience.