+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent pls: Difference in Name on education certificates and other document

Saravana33

Feb 7, 2018
Hi.. I am thinking about to raise a CSE and attach the affidavit for the name difference. It's just that the last name is not expanded in few of my educational and bank documents.
Hi.. I am thinking about to raise a CSE and attach the affidavit for the name difference. It's just that the last name is not expanded in few of my educational and bank documents.
Hello there.. I have similar issue where my degree certificate has first and middle name but my passport has first and middle name together.. so just want to know what supporting documents should inprovide

gaurinavgire

May 23, 2018
I provided a general purpose name affidavit (for WES ECA) and mentioned and attached the same in my EE/PR applications
It states all the name differences (short form, full forms, misspells etc) across all my different certificates
1) Passport
2) ssc
3) inter
4) btech
5) m.tech

and It mentions that all the name belong to me. in The EE application I used "nickname/alias" drop down and attached the affidavit in the provided section.

Don't worry, most importantly don't waste any time in getting the certificates corrected. Affidavit is all you need.
Thank you for the information. I have the same issue of my fathers name not being in one of my transcripts. So is it really true that the affidavit will be enough with the notary stamps along with the attestation of the university?
Please let me know about the same. thank you in advance.
Gauri

BalyanSenior

Jul 17, 2019
Hi all ,
Me and my wife are applying for Express Entry with my wife being the first applicant . We are on the first step ie document assessment by WES .
The situation is :-
1) I have my first name only in my bachelors degree ( and all school certificates )
2) I have full name on aadhar and passport

Now from this forum and elsewhere I understand that I will have to give “one and same person “ affidavit and LOE.

My question is whom to give it and on what stage . The possibilities are :-
1) To WES along with the photocopy of the degree ?
2) To the university along with the request for transcripts ?
3) To WES when they object to the ambiguity ? I have read people using the term “upload “
3) Along with the documents when I file for the visa with the Canadian immigration ?

Please help . Consider it urgent

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Same was the case with me. So i did an affidavit that says that the person on the degree certificate and the passport is one and the same even though the names are slightly different. Hope this helps. Pls +1 if its useful.
Hey, may I know from where you got the affidavit? Canada or India?