28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mead said:
but can she/he apply for study permit restoration if its invalid some gray area there.
Yes - that's certainly true. Restoration will take approximately 4 months. So that will mean the person will be out of school for around 7 months before they can begin classes again (since you can't study while under restoration). This will most likely be a significant enough break that CIC will not include the first program taken when calculating the length of the PGWP.

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
So what should one do if its 90 days + Is there any other way at all? cic is busy since hours..and cannot come on phone.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
krs said:
So what should one do if its 90 days + Is there any other way at all? cic is busy since hours..and cannot come on phone.
Find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time job and is also able to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks for the advise.

She is trying for LMO now.

Anybody who has experienced this situation before? Anybody ?? We are very anxious.

yowprat

Sep 5, 2015
Hi ,

I had the letter from the university stating my completion of the program on 29th of April. I applied for PGWP on 28th of July which I thought will be one day less than 90 days. But today i counted the days and came out to be that I applied on the 91st day. Now I am really worried about my PGWP. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

krs

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Ask the college to adjust the dates. Some college mention the dates according to the last exam instead of the date of uploading marks. They do this purposely so that some all students apply for PGWP before hand. However, the best way is to contact college/Uni and tell them the situation. Good Luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
krs said:
Ask the college to adjust the dates. Some college mention the dates according to the last exam instead of the date of uploading marks. They do this purposely so that some all students apply for PGWP before hand. However, the best way is to contact college/Uni and tell them the situation. Good Luck!
Too late. The letter has already been provided to CIC as part of the PGWP application.

momo1843

Nov 12, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm in the same situation, PGWP got rejected because I didn't attach proof of graduation, so I've applied for restoration WP.
But when I got the refusal letter, it was already after 90days (145 DAYS! I applied that one on May and got refused on end of September)
so I explained everything on the explanation letter when I applied for restoration.

Do you guys think that would be the exceptional situation for me? I know they're very strict about 90days rule, but my situation is a bit different..

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
Hello everyone,
For those who are wondering what happened?

SHE GOT IT, yes SHE GOT IT for 3 years after 100 long waiting days ~~!!!!!

What a coincidence, she applied on 100th day and got the letter after waiting - on 100th day !

So this is wat we did, we attached a letter explaining why it was late clearly(not lied) and asked if there are any further questions, we can be contacted.

Also for those who want serious advise on this, please DO NOT WAIT, just apply.
After contacting several lawyers ( honest ones ) i learned that you should attach a letter stating why its been delayed and if they decide to deny your application anyways then contact those good lawyers and they will fight AFTER its being rejected.

Please do yourself a FAVOUR, do NOT go to a lawyer before, you are going to waste your money. Because he is going to do exactly the same thing , writing a letter.

P.S: a few people sent me a private message asking what happened, i tried responding to you but your mailboxes are full and they wont accept anymore.

Anyways, time to celebrate , YAY !! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Reactions: 456293564

akoa

Oct 8, 2015
GTA
Category........
CEC
hurlyhunk said:
Hello everyone,
For those who are wondering what happened?

SHE GOT IT, yes SHE GOT IT for 3 years after 100 long waiting days ~~!!!!!

What a coincidence, she applied on 100th day and got the letter after waiting - on 100th day !

So this is wat we did, we attached a letter explaining why it was late clearly(not lied) and asked if there are any further questions, we can be contacted.

Also for those who want serious advise on this, please DO NOT WAIT, just apply.
After contacting several lawyers ( honest ones ) i learned that you should attach a letter stating why its been delayed and if they decide to deny your application anyways then contact those good lawyers and they will fight AFTER its being rejected.

Please do yourself a FAVOUR, do NOT go to a lawyer before, you are going to waste your money. Because he is going to do exactly the same thing , writing a letter.

P.S: a few people sent me a private message asking what happened, i tried responding to you but your mailboxes are full and they wont accept anymore.

Anyways, time to celebrate , YAY !! 8) 8) 8) 8)
I have a question: did you attached the explaination letter when you submitted your application or after? please let me know

momo1843

Nov 12, 2015
Thanks for sharing! I'm really happy for her even though I don't know her haha
Hope my situation will get better soon like hers. I applied for a restoration of work permit (PGWP) and that was after 90days since the processing time was too long - it was already after 90days when I got rejected.
I attached the explanation letter as well, so i'm still waiting...

v.ahapov

Apr 5, 2016
momo1843 said:
Thanks for sharing! I'm really happy for her even though I don't know her haha
Hope my situation will get better soon like hers. I applied for a restoration of work permit (PGWP) and that was after 90days since the processing time was too long - it was already after 90days when I got rejected.
I attached the explanation letter as well, so i'm still waiting...
How are the results?

I have a similar situation. I graduated in Dec 2015 and applied for PGWP on Jan 20, 2016. I got refused on Mar 29th due to the wrong proof of my graduation. I reapplied the very next day with an official transcript and I also attached an explanation letter, explaining that I've done a mistake. My re-submission is approximately 97 days after the date when I got my final marks (Dec 24, 2015). Hopefully they will understand. I've never been so stressed out, I don't know what to expect.

Jun 13, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Thanks for your advise, may be its the best thing to do. But again, she could hardly pay her past school fees and i doubt if she can afford another term.
We have contacted several lawyers around and every body has a different answer none had a favorable one :(

But if you think about it, its not like she has committed a huge crime or a big fraud. It was just a simple honest mistake mixed with financial situations can CIC not be so strict about it by considering 5 to 10 days beyond 90 day period?

Any body had any experience applying late or crossing the deadline?

Hello buddy!! I CROSSED 90 DAYS OF DEADLINE!! I even hired a lawyer in Toronto but He couldn't make any difference.... my PGWP got rejected and I had to come back to my country that is INDIA.... so don't believe on anyone ... just try to enroll into a new program asap is the best option... Goodluck!
I had medical emergencies backhome and I attached all the relevant documents...
No matter how genuine your case is no matter how many documents for explanation you attach they won't consider it... !! That's it!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello buddy!! I CROSSED 90 DAYS OF DEADLINE!! I even hired a lawyer in Toronto but He couldn't make any difference.... my PGWP got rejected and I had to come back to my country that is INDIA.... so don't believe on anyone ... just try to enroll into a new program asap is the best option... Goodluck!
I had medical emergencies backhome and I attached all the relevant documents...
No matter how genuine your case is no matter how many documents for explanation you attach they won't consider it... !! That's it!
FYI - you're posting in a thread that's over a year old. Please don't post in dead threads.

Having said that, I agree with you. Once the 90 days has passed, it's too late. Lawyer is a waste of money - they can't fix this situation.