+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent please help

el phenom

Apr 17, 2024
Hi so I recently got an invitation for Canadian Citizenship ceremony, and since I'm outside of Canada I won't be able to make it in time for the online ceremony. I decided to email the IRCC to reschedule, but I soon realized that rescheduling can take months or even a year so I've now decided to go back to Canada before the ceremony. However, I already sent the IRCC an email to reschedule. I will send them a follow-up email that I'll be there in time so kindly disregard my email for rescheduling, but I'm really upset about this whole situation and don't know what to do. It's going to be very expensive to book a sooner flight to Canada and also now I have sent the IRCC 2 different emails, one requesting a reschedule and the second one retracting that request saying I'll be there. I won't hear from them before hand as there's only 10 days left before the ceremony. if someone could advise me on what to do, I'll be very grateful

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi so I recently got an invitation for Canadian Citizenship ceremony, and since I'm outside of Canada I won't be able to make it in time for the online ceremony. I decided to email the IRCC to reschedule, but I soon realized that rescheduling can take months or even a year so I've now decided to go back to Canada before the ceremony. However, I already sent the IRCC an email to reschedule. I will send them a follow-up email that I'll be there in time so kindly disregard my email for rescheduling, but I'm really upset about this whole situation and don't know what to do. It's going to be very expensive to book a sooner flight to Canada and also now I have sent the IRCC 2 different emails, one requesting a reschedule and the second one retracting that request saying I'll be there. I won't hear from them before hand as there's only 10 days left before the ceremony. if someone could advise me on what to do, I'll be very grateful
Does calling IRCC from the country to currently residing in work? That would be a faster way to get things done.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You have the right to be upset, but it's on you to be outside the country, you knew that you'll potentially need to come back in a hurry for a ceremony...
As for whether your seat for the first ceremony will be given to someone else before the second mail is considered, well, that's a possibility, but the odds are way higher that you'll be able to attend your ceremony.
Maybe someone who had the same remorse can chime in?

el phenom

Apr 17, 2024
You have the right to be upset, but it's on you to be outside the country, you knew that you'll potentially need to come back in a hurry for a ceremony...
As for whether your seat for the first ceremony will be given to someone else before the second mail is considered, well, that's a possibility, but the odds are way higher that you'll be able to attend your ceremony.
Maybe someone who had the same remorse can chime in?
Hi thanks for your insight, I'm trying to get in touch with them just now.