+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Please Help - Spousal PR App Submitted Today - But Mistake on IMM 1344

waterlooboy

Mar 29, 2024
Hi All,

Im a bit stressed and would appreciate any advise. My wife (staying abroad) submitted the Spousal PR application today. Im a CAD citizen but I noticed that on the IMM 1344 form, under the Sponsor Eligibility Assessment Questionaire:

For #3: Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class? - I saw that it was ticked N which was obviously in error

Obviously, it needs to be Y and we filled the entire application with the category Family Class.

It says on the form that "If you answer "NO" to any questions from 1 to 4, you are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should NOT submit your application."

One small tick and the entire application is ruined... Im stressing out. Can I correct this as we just literally submitted the applcation. How would this work? I also paid the full fees..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Fix the error, sign anew, submit via webform with explanation. You should be ok. In the worst case you'll just resubmit it if it's returned (usually withing 90 days). Not the end of the world in either case. Don't be stressed.