+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!! Please help me in this *Time sensitive* question.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
AOR april 22
I have submitted the following supporting documents for my 1-year job.

For Canadian Work experience : [one job ]
- A reference letter
-t4 for 2019 only [ though my work is from 2018-2019, is it fine? or I was supposed to submit both year T4?
- last 4 months of pay stubs

just confused about this line from CIC website:
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years])

I am still a couple of weeks away from R10 (completeness) check, so I can add documents via web form instead get a rejection letter. If you think I am missing something. Please, please let me know.

The reason I did not submit at applying because when I click placeholder it never asked about T4 or pay stub as mandatory documents.

Document: Employment Records
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

Please advice me in this

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
If the question is only about whether you should T4s for both years - I got lost in all the other stuff - then yes, you should. The direction is pretty clear: "the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe" so if the work was spread over 2 calendar years you should submit T4s for both years.

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
If the question is only about whether you should T4s for both years - I got lost in all the other stuff - then yes, you should. The direction is pretty clear: "the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe" so if the work was spread over 2 calendar years you should submit T4s for both years.
Thanks for your reply.
I could only find t4 for 2019. So i submitted notice of assessments for both years and few months pay stubs that I have submitted already. Hope that will suffice.