+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent please help. I got a visitor visa instead of student visa after renewing my student permit. How do i rectify it. ?

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
URGENT PLEASE HELP - I renewed my student visa and then applied for a student visa to be able to travel home, but I got a visitor visa instead. How do I fix this, please? I would appreciate your guidance. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
URGENT PLEASE HELP - I renewed my student visa and then applied for a student visa to be able to travel home, but I got a visitor visa instead. How do I fix this, please? I would appreciate your guidance. Thank you
What is the issue? Need a visitor visa to enter Canada, not a study permit. Study permit must be valid to continue studies.

Reactions: architgarg

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
What is the issue? Need a visitor visa to enter Canada, not a study permit. Study permit must be valid to continue studies.
my initial visa says student while this one says Visitor. I thought it is not right since I am not a visitor but a student .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my initial visa says student while this one says Visitor. I thought it is not right since I am not a visitor but a student .
You need a TRV to enter Canada. A study permit without a TRV doesn’t let you enter Canada. A study permit lets you study. So do you have a valid study permit?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It is not urgent. Your TRV or visa is what allows you to fly in to Canada. Your study permit is your legal status which will be confirmed by immigration. The only confusion will be if you tell someone outside Canada that you are a student traveling on Visitor visa

Reactions: Naturgrl

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
You need a TRV to enter Canada. A study permit without a TRV doesn’t let you enter Canada. A study permit lets you study. So do you have a valid study permit?
Yes my study permit was renewed . Is there a way to change the visitor visa to student visa? When I applied to renew the visa I stated clearly that I am renewing my student visa not sure why they sent me visitor visa. Thanks for your help guys. But any idea how I can change the visa back to student visa ? Do I apply for another student visa ?

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
It is not urgent. Your TRV or visa is what allows you to fly in to Canada. Your study permit is your legal status which will be confirmed by immigration. The only confusion will be if you tell someone outside Canada that you are a student traveling on Visitor visa
Thanks for your response . Do you know how I can change the visitor visa to student visa ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response . Do you know how I can change the visitor visa to student visa ?
There is nothing to change. You were issued a TRV so that you can travel out of Canada and then return. This is what you should have.

You seem confused about the process and worried for no reason. You were issued the right visa. There is nothing to fix.