+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent please help! :( Extending stay again for the second time.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Ok so my husband and I are in a very unfortunate predicament. We are still waiting on marriage certificate to submit for his second extension and PR! They told us it may take 30 days. I even explained that we needed a rush on our certificate:( We are growing increasingly worried because his status expires May 13th! :( if our certificate doesn't arrive in time how are we to prove to cic that we are married? The only thing we have now s our marriage licence. Could I send wedding ceremony pics with extension? Anything please? And as far as the pr application we do not have all the documents especially the marriage certificate . Can anyone explain to me how i can have my husband stay with me during the pr process? UI have receipts that we paid last year in September for pr. Will they think we are taking too long to apply? Really scared and just want this to go smoothly as possible.also we want to apply inland for PR because of course I wand my husband to remain with me here until his pr is approved. I have support letters from family on both sides to help him financially etc I am also supporting him as well. We live rent free in my mothers residence. We have a joint bank account. Is there anything else we can prove to make a successful extension again? Also regarding the pr application. Do we send everything at once or can we send in parts. Would they allow us to send our marriage certificate later? Sorry for all the questions .... Extremely anxious:(

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
PR questions should be posted in the PR forum.
So....

valkyrie79 said:
Could I send wedding ceremony pics with extension? Anything please?
The checklist is rather clear, you need the marriage certificate. If the checklist doesn't mention it, then it is not accepted.

valkyrie79 said:
Can anyone explain to me how i can have my husband stay with me during the pr process?
File extensions during the entire process.

This is more of a PR question, so if you want a full list of options then you should ask it in the proper forum.

valkyrie79 said:
I have support letters from family on both sides to help him financially etc I am also supporting him as well. We live rent free in my mothers residence. We have a joint bank account. Is there anything else we can prove to make a successful extension again?
I think this should be enough in what proof of financial support concerns. You have to make sure all other documentation is also sharp. You have gotten a previous successful extension, so use that experience and modify accordingly with new information (if any).