+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! PGWP Expiring - unable to submit BOWP application! Currently in Canada

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
I've been trying hard to submit my BOWP application (all documents uploaded, but application not yet submitted), but keep getting their "Our Online Services Are Currently Down" message. My PGWP is valid only until tomorrow (Dec 20) and I am currently still employed and residing in Canada. EE application was submitted in September - so far only updates are medical passed and RCMP check requested and submitted.

What should I do? Do I need to leave the country? I still have a valid TRV (2018), but I don't think that really matters if my PGWP expires.

I've used Chrome and IE. Cleared all cookies and cache. Used a different computer on a different Internet connection. This seems to be a problem on CIC's end :(

Edit: Right now when I try to continue my application, I can go through the questionnaire screens, but at the step of trying to get to the documents screen, I get the error.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think I can help, but I suggest to take evidence of the tech error that's denying you from submitting your app. Try giving CIC a call to document it too.

P.s. are you sure you're sticking to all the form input rules? I.e. no alphabets where there needs to only be numbers, vice cersa, no special characters @$! or maybe things like '-;~, not exceeding file upload limits? Sometimes websites just give you a general error rather than telling you that you've messed up in one of the fields.

Do try Firefox too.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Ufa6174 said:
I don't think I can help, but I suggest to take evidence of the tech error that's denying you from submitting your app. Try giving CIC a call to document it too.

P.s. are you sure you're sticking to all the form input rules? I.e. no alphabets where there needs to only be numbers, vice cersa, no special characters @ $! or maybe things like '-;~, not exceeding file upload limits? Sometimes websites just give you a general error rather than telling you that you've messed up in one of the fields.

Do try Firefox too.
The PDF form was validated. But I am trying to create a new application.

To confirm, for "I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval)." should this be a yes or no? I have only received the automated AOR so far.

Edit: No dice with a new application. Same problem.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limbo said:
The PDF form was validated. But I am trying to create a new application.

To confirm, for "I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval)." should this be a yes or no? I have only received the automated AOR so far.

Edit: No dice with a new application. Same problem.
Answer Yes to that question. CIC has amended the BOWP regulations recently so you don't need to wait for the elusive AOR and are allowed to use the e-APR instead while applying for BOWP.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Answer Yes to that question. CIC has amended the BOWP regulations recently so you don't need to wait for the elusive AOR and are allowed to use the e-APR instead while applying for BOWP.
Thank you. I will keep trying to submit my application today. Someone is running CIC's Twitter, so hopefully they have someone fixing the website..

Update: All is well :D